1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,925 Posts
They have manufacture codes but no unique serial number or VIN number

·
Super Moderator
2,925 Posts
Sometimes they put it on the head tube like where it is on a real motor cycle I have also seen it on the swing arm and riveted to the the frame itself other times it's just a sticker that easily rubs off...

The numbers have no meaning they're just QC batch codes meaning all the pocket bikes in that batch will have the same code

·
Registered
ninja x1 super pocket bike
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sometimes they put it on the head tube like where it is on a real motor cycle I have also seen it on the swing arm and riveted to the the frame itself other times it's just a sticker that easily rubs off...

The numbers have no meaning they're just QC batch codes meaning all the pocket bikes in that batch will have the same code
ok I'm tryin 2 figure year it was made .I found sticker and #'s gone

·
Super Moderator
2,925 Posts
That is a 49cc piston ported engine the numbers on the side of the transmission is how many CC of oil it holds but the manufacturer has filled it with grease if you want to switch it over to oil you have to disassemble it clean out the disgusting grease and then fill it with 100 cc of ATF transmission fluid

Be extremely careful if you decide to do this that transmission is extinct there are no parts available for it or transmissions left pocket bikers have used them all up...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is a 49cc piston ported engine the numbers on the side of the transmission is how many CC of oil it holds but the manufacturer has filled it with grease if you want to switch it over to oil you have to disassemble it clean out the disgusting grease and then fill it with 100 cc of ATF transmission fluid

Be extremely careful if you decide to do this that transmission is extinct there are no parts available for it or transmissions left pocket bikers have used them all up...
I have another which is half the size of this 1 so what is the other 1

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
569 Posts
Yeah, 25-30 is about right for a stock X1. Nice lookin bike. I honestly dont remember the years manufactured but obviously are not anymore.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
569 Posts
Yep, this one is a CAG, MTA2 most likely. Parts are typically all available on ebay. Wheels, plastics, etc.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank u 4 compliment luckily with covid I'm home and bored lol .apparently they dont make the tranny 4 my x1 anymore and parts are nil r the clutch pads available 4 it ? And is there smaller rear sprockets so I can increase top speed cause it's very loud and I'm want 2 drive about 20 mph and have the rpms lower so it's not as loud lol I know it'll b slower off the line but I'm good with that I'm not racing it (yet) lol my rear sprocket is 6" 's

·
Super Moderator
2,925 Posts
Yes you can still get the clutch and sprockets look around on eBay and amazon for them

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank u very much fo u know the manufacturing start and end year dates on x1? I now this sat in barn 4 at least 2 yrs

·
Registered
378 Posts
100cc, that was funny. it looks like 100cc, but we know its oil in the trans. Not sure, think it it chain driven, its also a reverse direction trans, cause w/ the engine mounted that way, it would turn the rear wheel backwards, lol. you can take it apart and put new bearings and chain, with a little work. They put heavy grease inside it from the factory, open up the trans and inspect all the parts, clean it, fix it if needed and put 5/30 wt, car oil.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
When I found the x1 I've opened the tranny and clutch inspected and regreased bearings and put oil in transfer case and clutch oil in clutch .the bike sat in a dry barn 4 at least 2 yrs clutch was seized, not anymore but only 1 clutch pad left on clutch. Still goes pretty good no slipping yet .transmission is gear and chain driven. I need a new external drive chain .I cleaned everthing right down 2 spark plug .electric start doesn't work .there is an electrical box off the left grip wire harness is melted is that the electrical regulator? All electrical works but after its started no electrical power to lights , horn , and speedometer. When I go 2 test electricity with tester while running I bring tester 18" away from bike and the tester goes hay wire

1 - 20 of 62 Posts