Pocketbike Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
564 Posts
Is it 49 cc aswell?its half the size of x1
Most of us say, 40mm or 44mm.
I believe, dont quote me, the 40mm is 43cc and the 44mm is 47cc.
But the look up for parts is either 47cc or 49cc on ebay or Amazon. But it is a case reed engine.

·
Registered
ninja x1 super pocket bike
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Ok thank u was trying to figure out what kinda motor it was lol can I take drive chain off smaller and put on x1?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Typical problems, lol. If you are going to keep it for awhile, fix it up. Does the box have fins on it?? Ok, the housing is a starter motor and generator, there are 4 brushes to do that, they don't last a long time. The gen makes AC not good for an DC systems, that box makes AC to DC for your battery to charge and all the lights. If that box is burnt, nothing happens on the DC side. They are not that expensive, the rectifier. On the big wire off the side of the housing disconnect it and check the voltage, that line charges your battery, should read 13.7 volt, if is 12.7 or less its about worn out. Still plenty of clutches around. Go on eBay and search "Parts for X1 49cc Pocket Bike" , engines and all kinds of stuff will show up, most of it comes from China direct to Canada. Here is wiring from a 49cc Cateye, the engine is the same and most of the wiring too.

Attachments

·
Registered
378 Posts
I think you need T8F 8mm chain. the smaller PB chain is #25. When you search on eBay, sprockets and chains will show. Since your new better to ask here if you don't know.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Ok thank u was trying to figure out what kinda motor it was lol can I take drive chain off smaller and put on x1?
You were asking if you could put an X1 sprocket on the CAG mta2. You can put anything you want on there, just know top speed is gained when you have a bigger front sprocket or a smaller rear sprocket or any combination. When you go smaller on the front or bigger on the rear you get more low-end and less top end. So it depends on what exactly you want. If you were looking for more top speed go very small increments because until you have more low-end power even your top end will be limited and you will barely get off the line.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thank u I want 2 go smaller on back end sprocket on x1 and i want 2 know if drive chain from mta2 to x1 sorry for confusion

·
Registered
564 Posts
I believe they are both 25h but some of both are 8mm or TF8 chain, you can measure from sprocket tip-to-tip and check online for the size if you're not sure by looking at them

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thank you 2 all who have helped me so far I'm a car guy this is my first bike/toy so I have extensive mechanical

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I'm gonna guess I cant use a master link on chain ? I'm thinking that it might 2 weak

·
Registered
378 Posts
Early Cags came with #25 chain, my later ones had T8F 8mm chain. the differences is 750lb to 1,200lb test for 8mm. Yes you can use a master link as long as it is on right, all my many bikes have master links. Think the x1 rear sprocket is 33 tooth, don't think there is a smaller one, if you want more top end get a bigger front sprocket, cause there are many sizes 11 to 20 teeth in #25h to T8F 8mm chain. Go to eBay, search, X1 49cc 2 stroke pocket bike parts, you will be surprised whats there.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I buy chain in 10ft lengths when I can, most come with master links. I use my 4.5" angle grinder to grind the pins down, a nail to pound them out, then pry off the plates. Make the length you need. I like the gold chain, cause the don't rust like reg chain.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
What is the little plastic box that has 1 lead in and out and is on the same wiring harness coming from the horn/lights/turn signals ,apparently it fell near exhaust and I didn't notice till the smell and melted a bit . Until u guys told me how 2 start I was boosting off car cause I dont have a charger when I got it so when I connected batteries all DC works engine fired up runs but when I take booster cables I lose all DC and my engine runs fine

·
Super Moderator
2,924 Posts
That's either your regulator or your starter solenoid

If you run it without a good battery more then likely you have burned up the charging side of the starter and the regulator regardless of what has happened to the box falling into the exhaust.

Remember it is a weed eater engine and does not require electricity to stay running...

·
Registered
378 Posts
Or blinker box. you need to study the wiring I gave you. Just look for one item at a time, follow the wiring, I believe they show wire colors also.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Ok I understand that but your diagram say signal relay" I think " so I was just makin sure

·
Registered
378 Posts
I hate wiring to begin with, unless I make my own wiring bundle. Their wires are cheap, sometimes copper coated alum. I will go look at it again. Also sometimes different X1 makers had different color wires to the same units.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Thank you I appreciate all the help I'm hooked up rear signals ( they weren't connected when I got x1) and they dont blink just stay on so I'm guessing the plastic box that has 1 lead in and 1 lead out ,on the wiring harness goin to the left handle is the relay

·
Registered
378 Posts
Nice, That engine is used in a bunch of different bikes, and the wires are mostly the same. You can wire in a Car Blinker pretty easily. Crimp a few wires and plug it in. Same for the fuse, you can wire in a Car blade fuse, 12v/10 amps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Nice, That engine is used in a bunch of different bikes, and the wires are mostly the same. You can wire in a Car Blinker pretty easily. Crimp a few wires and plug it in. Same for the fuse, you can wire in a Car blade fuse, 12v/10 amps.
My signals dont blink they just come on that's why i think the

21 - 40 of 62 Posts