Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am pretty new to the pocketbike thing and I just Acquired what appears to be an X1 but has the belt CVT trans on it. Anyways I also got a Cateye bike and wanted one to run and the cat eye was the best candidate. So I noticed that the carb was pouring fuel out of the front even with the throttle closed so I took the carb off of the X bike and it seemed to work fine. Now that I have the X all back together and ready to go the carb that I have from the Cateye is still pouring fuel out with the throttle closed. Any ideas on why this is happening would be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
It sounds to me like the Float (hiding in the float bowl / bottom of the carburetor) is probably not floating, or is stuck, or the fuel passage it needs to close might be gummed up. I would remove the carburetor, turn the carb upside down and remove the (usually black) "Bowl" then you should be able to see the float, and hopefully the problem.

Hey guys I am pretty new to the pocketbike thing and I just Acquired what appears to be an X1 but has the belt CVT trans on it. Anyways I also got a Cateye bike and wanted one to run and the cat eye was the best candidate. So I noticed that the carb was pouring fuel out of the front even with the throttle closed so I took the carb off of the X bike and it seemed to work fine. Now that I have the X all back together and ready to go the carb that I have from the Cateye is still pouring fuel out with the throttle closed. Any ideas on why this is happening would be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great. Thanks I appreciate the help. I took it apart and cleaned everything out with carb cleaner and some air. Do they sell rebuilds for these carbs or is that why they're so cheap?

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
It sounds to me like the Float (hiding in the float bowl / bottom of the carburetor) is probably not floating, or is stuck, or the fuel passage it needs to close might be gummed up. I would remove the carburetor, turn the carb upside down and remove the (usually black) "Bowl" then you should be able to see the float, and hopefully the problem.
X1 and X2's have pumper carbs Nick..............Rebuild kits for the Walbro WYK carbs can be obtained at your local mower repair shop...........Just bring the carb for comparison seeings theres about 10 different sized WYK carbs........Rebuild kits run between $8 and 12 bux.............Good Luck

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Dave's had new carbs for $8 a few weeks ago, there gone now, seen them on Ebay for $15.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts