Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
21,780 Posts
Judging by the condition of the bike the old owner cut the blinkers off so maybe he cut the wire for the lights/speedo aswell or the lightbulbs are totally dead and blown by an electric surge...The switches on the handlebars could be bad aswell.....Buy a digital multimeter and learn how to use it...Thats the only way to get the wiring sorted out

The speedometers arent accurate anyway so if it dont register its no big deal..Buy a Cateye Velo5 digital Speedometer for under $20 bux shipped.........

If you wanted a perfectly working bike you should of held out and bought one because looking at the pictures Id be more worried on how to keep the front fairing on right and tight without using tywraps..........

After bikes like yours starts having wiring problems the best recourse of action is to strip off all the wiring,,switches and battery then gutting the e-starter to save time,,money and aggravation........All my bikes start-up with-in 3-5 pulls and are always in tune and as long as I can ride it thats all that matters as these bikes can never and arent in any way streetlegal......

The more it looks like and functions like a real motorbike is only asking for trouble by the local cops if they think youre gonna be galavanting all over town day or nite on it possibly forcing the cop to impound it from ya or slap ya with a summons........The more it looks like a toy the easier they are and just what these things are......Toys.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Judging by the condition of the bike the old owner cut the blinkers off so maybe he cut the wire for the lights/speedo aswell or the lightbulbs are totally dead and blown by an electric surge...The switches on the handlebars could be bad aswell.....Buy a digital multimeter and learn how to use it...Thats the only way to get the wiring sorted out

The speedometers arent accurate anyway so if it dont register its no big deal..Buy a Cateye Velo5 digital Speedometer for under $20 bux shipped.........

If you wanted a perfectly working bike you should of held out and bought one because looking at the pictures Id be more worried on how to keep the front fairing on right and tight without using tywraps..........

After bikes like yours starts having wiring problems the best recourse of action is to strip off all the wiring,,switches and battery then gutting the e-starter to save time,,money and aggravation........All my bikes start-up with-in 3-5 pulls and are always in tune and as long as I can ride it thats all that matters as these bikes can never and arent in any way streetlegal......

The more it looks like and functions like a real motorbike is only asking for trouble by the local cops if they think youre gonna be galavanting all over town day or nite on it possibly forcing the cop to impound it from ya or slap ya with a summons........The more it looks like a toy the easier they are and just what these things are......Toys.
thanks. so I will just take off all the extra electric stuff.. i guess..

·
Banned
23,453 Posts
I would take the stuff off for now, all you need is a hand start and kill button. TNCscooters in Tenn. is a great place for electrical parts and batteries. They have all the little white plugs, 2,4,5 & 6 prong, 50 cents each w/ a male & female and all the little brass clips, tip, I solder my wires to the brass pieces, then they snap right in. I got a 12v x 1.4 amp charger w/ the 3 prong charger plug in $13. Bought a couple of 3 prong jacks that mount to the bike. In the winter, I leave it pluged in all the time. They have all kinds of stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.