Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my x1/x2 for a few years now... probably about 2 years ago, somethin happened and i guess its the swing arm thats the problem.... I'll throw the wheel on and it'll be aligned and the chain has the right tension, and everythign will be fine and good. all bolts will be tight and all... ill take her for a spin and the rear wheel comes loose somehow and falls out of place and the swing arm would jus fall straight to the cround.... kinda a weird problem... last night i took the time to take the swing arm off, and the swing arm stud (the long thing that kinda holds it in place to the frame, there werent any nuts on either end to keep it in place.... could that be the issue? i think maybe the swing arm is slightly bent somehow, and enough to the point where when i go to ride it, the one axle nut falls off and the axle shoots out. cause thats what happens...

my questions...
judging from what i'm telling in this post, what could be the possible problems?
What could solve it?
do i need a new swing arm? if so, can someone help me find one, because everywhere i look, noone has it. i want a stock swing arm, not extended.

Thank you in advance to all who help or took the time to read this.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
The nuts or threads for the rear axle maybe past their service limits therefore getting a new rear axle with nuts would be the best cure

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a new axle a while ago, for this specific bike, but its not long enough to reach end to end and still have room to thread nuts on. i think maybe the swing arm is bent somehow outwards... cause the old axle works. but barely room for a nut and washer tho. one side didnt have a washer on it

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
I got a new axle a while ago, for this specific bike, but its not long enough to reach end to end and still have room to thread nuts on. i think maybe the swing arm is bent somehow outwards... cause the old axle works. but barely room for a nut and washer tho. one side didnt have a washer on it
Are the wheel spacers different sizes? and if so, are they on the "Right" sides of the wheel?

Nick.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know their on the right sides... i am uncertain about the size tho.... they seemed to be the right size, could it be possible that all the rear hardware (nuts, spacers, etc) are so old that their just beaten to the point of unreliability?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually... im re-looking at everything now.... the spacers seemed to be the right length, BUT the old axle along with the spacers are a thinner diameter than the axle i BOUGHT FOR the bike. the new axle is the right length, but not the right thickness to fit thru the wheel itself or the spacers. maybe the previous owner switched the whole rear end on the bike?

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Is the axle spacer tube between the bearings inside the rim hub?......

Yes the axle and nuts can be beaten past useability....thats what past its service limits means....You can torque and retorque a nut and axle only so many times before it starts galling.............Galled threads wont torque anymore............

1 - 8 of 8 Posts