Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My x15 came without a gas tank to carb line and filter - I have some 1/4" black fuel line which fits fine to the top of carb inlet but the other end is pretty hard to get onto the gas tank nipple. Is the stock setup 2 sizes of line and is the stock filter the same the 2 stroke cags use?

·
Registered
24,123 Posts
Get a VW clear gas filter, cut off the small end on one side & use the big side w/ 5/16" up to the tank w/ clear flexible gas line and the small end w/ 1/4" gas line to the carb.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get a VW clear gas filter, cut off the small end on one side & use the big side w/ 5/16" up to the tank w/ clear flexible gas line and the small end w/ 1/4" gas line to the carb.
Thanks, I searched images and found the clear type your talking about but do you have a part number or know what type of VW its from?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I was doing some work on my dirt bike took the tank off. Short story is the line expanded and didn't fit over the nipple on the carb like it should. Went down to my local motorcyle store and they gave me what I needed ( like 4 inches ) for free cause I shop there often. Its was clear so it wont be too hard too track some clear fuel line down.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Always have different size clear fuel lines available cuz you'll have to change them monthly anyway, fuel filters as well. I have atleast 10 fuel filters and several feet of different size fuel lines for my 7 different bikes. The Yamaha PW50 I have uses an ginormous fuel line from the tank to the petcock, i had to get a hydrolic hose from a local shop to use as fuel line. It's a 1/2 inch hidrolic hose that i use as fuel line.

·
Registered
24,123 Posts
Its for the old VW bugs w/ the 1500 or 1600 flat 4 air cooled engine. its clear has a small and bigger size on both ends, if you want the bigger line you cut the small part off.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
if you warm the line up it will go over a big nipple easier, 1/4 clear is only a few bucks at the auto part store

1 - 7 of 7 Posts