Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Sorry to bother every1 but i have an x15 with a bunch of performance parts such as
Side mount exhaust
Ngk iriduim spark plug
Performance inferno coil and spark plug wire
Custom intake
Fuel filter

But i cleaned the carbs. Put fresh gas. Full tank. But it wont turn over any suggestions? Im inchicago so anyone around the northwest suburbs who can help me out.

Thanks

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
ok well are you getting spark and saying it wont turn over i a assuming it is cranking over but wont start if you are getting spark from the plug you can test this by removing the spark plug and putting it back into the spark plug boot hold the tip of the plug on the head and look for spark jumping the gap in the plug while using the starter button or kicking it over if it is and its a good blue color than that is not your problem
next get some ether or starting fluid remove the air filter hold the throttle open and spray some into the carb now leg go of the throttle and try to start it if it starts and runs for a bit than its carb related let me know what you get

oh and another note for some reason the iridium plugs make it run hotter from my experiance i just run a reg ngk plug gap i use is typically 27

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i tried that. I pulled the spark plug out and put it in the boot and tried starting it but no spark. Another question: I got the inferno super coil and spark plug wire from pbu. Do i need to buy anything else to replace the coil and wire. because the spark plug doesnt sit in the wire that great. its not very tight. i also tried putting back the stock coil and plug and still no blue spark?
any suggestions.
I uploaded a pic of the bike too

Attachments

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
Sorry for the late reply try sdscooters for the coil and wire together get a super coil the inferno is just a overpriced gimic its like the split fire plugs they used to make notice I said used to lol
Or just search for a super coil
But first check to see if there is power going to the coil when you crank it over if not the check power going to the cdi if you have a volt meter great if not you can use a test light

1 - 5 of 5 Posts