Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about to buy a x15 bike.. guy says lights don't work or electric start says the battery is dead or missing.. do these bike run without a battery.. I'm gona pick it up on sat morning, but how could I tell if its just the batt or somthin major.. he also say there's no key ignition, someone insalled a on off switch.. could this affect the electrical... or maybe it could be the light switch, what should I look for or test first.. I might wana bring a batt but idk about takin off all the plastics.

·
Banned
21,780 Posts
about to buy a x15 bike.. guy says lights don't work or electric start says the battery is dead or missing.. do these bike run without a battery.. I'm gona pick it up on sat morning, but how could I tell if its just the batt or somthin major.. he also say there's no key ignition, someone insalled a on off switch.. could this affect the electrical... or maybe it could be the light switch, what should I look for or test first.. I might wana bring a batt but idk about takin off all the plastics.
They run without the battery...Without the e-starter,,charging system,,75% of the wiring and battery it would be a plain old pitbike/dirtbike engine that simply kickstarts.......................

The lights will work when the engine runs via the generator...........Good Luck

·
Banned
21,780 Posts
So should the lights be working now when the bike is runnin.. would they work if there isn't a batt

Yes the headlight and gauges will work dim at idle and get brighter at around 4000rpm's when theres no battery.........Its really no different than your X17 if your X17 isnt full auto because semi-auto and full manual have kickstarters..Same engine type between the two,,,just a different framestyle ...........

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks for the info.. just was lookin at a key ignition for the x15 found one on ebay for like 20buck.. there's 2 types onehas a plastic screw one just squeezes into plastics and has groves to hld it in.. my x18 takes the one with the screw, but the key is on the tanks on the x15 does it need the screw on or it just slides in and clips in.. I also seen 4 wires with 2clips, is there a possiblity when the guy put the on off switch instead of the key ignition he only used the 2 wires to make it run power ground, that's why the lights don't work..

·
Banned
21,780 Posts
Ok thanks for the info.. just was lookin at a key ignition for the x15 found one on ebay for like 20buck.. there's 2 types onehas a plastic screw one just squeezes into plastics and has groves to hld it in.. my x18 takes the one with the screw, but the key is on the tanks on the x15 does it need the screw on or it just slides in and clips in.. I also seen 4 wires with 2clips, is there a possiblity when the guy put the on off switch instead of the key ignition he only used the 2 wires to make it run power ground, that's why the lights don't work..
My X15 ignition had a threaded body with a big round nut............

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok bought x15 got it for 250.. got the headlight workin, the ground wire was cut, lol, easy fix... also took my key ignition from my x18 and put it on the x15 and it worked great, only had 1 key so ill order a new one with 2keys and put it back on my 2010 x18.. there's no turn signals or taillight harness or any wires for the signals at all.. how would I make some turn signals and a workin brake light.. do I have to buy a taillight, gthe one on here looks like a fake light..

·
Banned
21,780 Posts
Ok bought x15 got it for 250.. got the headlight workin, the ground wire was cut, lol, easy fix... also took my key ignition from my x18 and put it on the x15 and it worked great, only had 1 key so ill order a new one with 2keys and put it back on my 2010 x18.. there's no turn signals or taillight harness or any wires for the signals at all.. how would I make some turn signals and a workin brake light.. do I have to buy a taillight, gthe one on here looks like a fake light..

I used a handlebarswitch from an 80's Honda Spree moped.......

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see u got ur stock switch and the spree switch do u need them both.. so ill have to get a new switch and make a harness and buy 4 signals for the front and rear.. did u use the same taillight housing..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got alittle crack in the back bezel around the muffler, does anybody sell this piece.. found one place its 20 and 10 shippin but the pic it looks alittle differnt wondering if its the wrong angle I'm looin at.. too bad it isn't clear it would be hott if the signals showed thru the back on the sides... I might buy a new one and shave the sides or sand it down maybe it will get thinner enough for the blinker light to shine thru..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's the x15 I got.. I also just noticed theback singarm is cracked or split in the back.. is this broke or does it suppose to be split like that my x18 don't have a split in it.. any idea where to get a swingarm...

Attachments

·
Banned
21,780 Posts
I see u got ur stock switch and the spree switch do u need them both.. so ill have to get a new switch and make a harness and buy 4 signals for the front and rear.. did u use the same taillight housing..
The stock switches were for different add-ons I had on the bike......I used the stock X15 on/off switch for the head lights like stock....I turned the horn button into a hazard flasher and the high/low works the running lights.....

I took off the lense and with a hacksaw blade I cut out the tailpiece like this

I took a metal chrome tailight reflector from a trailer light and cut aswell as bent it onto shape then used High temp RTV to secure it to the tail

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bike looks nice. Thanks for all the info..I guess I gotta put some work into the bike and hopefully not a lot of time,lol.. I just look up swingarm found one for 100, crazyy.. but it doesn't even have the middle part, can I just buy the middle part.. look like if I do buy a swingarm it don't even come with the middle metal tube/bar..

·
Banned
21,780 Posts
Bike looks nice. Thanks for all the info..I guess I gotta put some work into the bike and hopefully not a lot of time,lol.. I just look up swingarm found one for 100, crazyy.. but it doesn't even have the middle part, can I just buy the middle part.. look like if I do buy a swingarm it don't even come with the middle metal tube/bar..
The picture of the split in the frame "not the swingarm"... is normal..That split is needed to help get the engine in the frame...The engine bolt on the bottom w/nut keep it tight...............

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks that's a relief.. that's from the swingarm bolt then I noticed when I bought it it was almost coming of had to tighten the whole think but don'thave a 3\4 deep socket so can't tighten all the way yet. Maybe it will squeze it together... found a site that has all the parts for the x15, and fairings and headlights everything if u ever need parts, but urs lookin brand new might not need it,lol...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I forgot to ask I bought some 1/4 in fuel line but its too big for the feed on the carb, I also have the fuel line clips but its doesnt seem to fit and it leaks alittle.. would I have to melt it on or somthin or heat the fuel line si it will shrink on it

·
Banned
23,453 Posts
Use a small SS hose clamp and sleeve over the nipple with smaller gas line if you have to. The bigger line the more flow. Took me awhile to get it, that's why I love Walbro pumper carbs. The system is gravity flow, need a good vent in your gas cap. When your gas tank gets low the flow slows, or vacuum builds up in the tank and No flow. Keep your gas tank full.

·
Banned
21,780 Posts
I forgot to ask I bought some 1/4 in fuel line but its too big for the feed on the carb, I also have the fuel line clips but its doesnt seem to fit and it leaks alittle.. would I have to melt it on or somthin or heat the fuel line si it will shrink on it
You cut small 5/8"-1" of smaller fuelline,slip it on the nipple then you push the larger fuelline over it.........no clamp needed

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.