Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to raise the seat height on my X15 and have heard others mention it but not sure of the right way to go about it. I'm thinking 2" raise using wood blocks and plywood curved slightly to match the seat plastic.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I'm wanting to raise the seat height on my X15 and have heard others mention it but not sure of the right way to go about it. I'm thinking 2" raise using wood blocks and plywood curved slightly to match the seat plastic.
I would say the best way would be a different rear shock. Ask Blitzminc, SWheels, EPR. They will be able to help you.

·
Registered
24,123 Posts
It can be tricky, not sure about the X15 length the X18 has a short 5" shock, I put a BMX bicycle dirt bike shock w/ a stiffer spring on my X18. It raised the rear seat almost 5", but to much of a rake. I made a bracket to let the shock top mount go higher, and put 10" 100/90x10" scooter road legal tire to raise the front more. You might have a longer shock, most after market ones are 9" to 13" long. See photos, see how high the rear is without bracket and last photo after, much lower rake.

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
I got my idea on how to raise my x19 from Blitz, EPR, Swheels and Cam2. I raised my forks about an inch thanks to Cams' idea and my rear shock about an inch and a half thanks to Blitz, EPR and Swheels idea, all together raised my seat around 3 inches. No need to do anything at all to the seat. Maybe add more cushion for those dips.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It can be tricky, not sure about the X15 length the X18 has a short 5" shock, I put a BMX bicycle dirt bike shock w/ a stiffer spring on my X18. It raised the rear seat almost 5", but to much of a rake. I made a bracket to let the shock top mount go higher, and put 10" 100/90x10" scooter road legal tire to raise the front more. You might have a longer shock, most after market ones are 9" to 13" long. See photos, see how high the rear is without bracket and last photo after, much lower rake.
I have a spare fox shock from my Norco VPS, will check that out to see if it'll work. Like the way you modded your bracket.

·
Registered
24,123 Posts
Got to learn how to make your own stuff on this junk, that's half the fun, lol.

·
Registered
81 Posts
You need to find yurself a GS-57 Supershock...Its 3 way adjustable thats height adjustable from 8 1/4"- 9 1/8"...I had to modify it to work by using the stock rear spring from the stock X15 rear shock

Then I added a larger 130 series Kenda rear tire

I also added a larger Pirelli front tire to balance it all out............With the mods I gained over 3" of extra ride height so I had to extend the kickstand by over 4" to compensate.....LOL

·
Registered
24,123 Posts
SmokedTirez, your photos look like CAM2 bikes, are they yours or did you find them here onsite??

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
EPR, youre joking, I hope....
EPR just read about CAM2 making a new account today. I think he knows now that smokedTirez is = CAM2

·
Registered
24,123 Posts
I sent him a PM this morning asking, I know them bikes, I missed his new intro 3 days ago, just figured it out this morning, lol.

·
Registered
399 Posts
lol - all good now. Pocketbike Tuner - there is a video on youtube of how to raise the seating a cag...should be a little similar .... the video is called "manufacturer says bike can do 47 MPH", he put wood blocks under the seat.

·
Registered
81 Posts
EPR, youre joking, I hope....
Hes got alot going on JoseJoe......:D

Beleive me though theres been dozens of people using my pics and trying to scam people on ebay over the years..........Its mostly googles fault....

Had somebody buy something from me to get my address for somebody else who broke into my 1800sqft hobby shop and robbed my stuff while I was home asleep..

I hired a private investigator to get the story the cops wouldnt do and beleive me the perps were shocked they got busted cause their plan was pretty slick..... Unfortunately for them....I was slicker....:cool:

Im not the only one........ BlitzM$Inc n Swheels went through it too....

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
what makes me mad is the fake vid of my bike has way more views than my original, and I cant complain to utube bc I ganked the song I put to it
on my 15 I changed the shock and I needed a inch more, these brackets did the trick

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts