Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, its been a long time since I was here cause I lost my garage and the bikes got mothballed
but I have once again been blessed with a garage, and so the addiction has reawakened
I wanted to be able to ride it without harassment and so where I live the best option was tag it as a moped, that ment I needed lights so I switched to the x19 body and added a battery
as long as I stay under 35mph im good, so for that reason I left the race gearing 14/28 on so its harder to go really fast
everything else is race inspired, this bike has some good track battles on it (and me lol) and should be ready for the 16 season
for the time being World of Tanks is the main addiction so if you don't see me here that's prolly where I am

Attachments

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Yo yo yo there he is! Good to see ya back! Bike look-in real good even in street trim!
Yep time to get back to racing bro!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I remember you telling me telling me that. You have to do it! That will be badazz....... I know you can pull it off.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMqlNHfukag
so finally an update! yay
I got the 184 plus v2 head for my 160 motor, which for a stock motor the 160 has been amazing I must say, but just wasnt quite up to the speed of my rivals (looks at you) and so I must develop and improve
the head came with the pink aftermarket rockers which are said to be stronger and the s25 cam, I also got the decomp button cause I learned my lesson from the 146 kit
the decomp is badazz to say the least, just push it in and a little girl could start it, almost on the first kick everytime, if you don't push it in tho its really hard almost ridiculous to start
the rockers look good and ill get a pic when I reset the lash, I set it at 005 /007
the cylinder is ceramic coated and looks white, the 146 kit was similar
the cam is a question for me, most racers like the s35 which come on later, and I got the mid range s25, so I should be strong in corner exit and lacking on straights
I rode it a bit and its strong but I didn't load it up yet

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Sounds real good!
You better be able to hold on to it..... Like I said you won't have to worry about your low-end with the 184 and s35 cam.
Oooohhhh you gonna love that new found power! You might have to come down to testing facility for some testing before we hit the track.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I guess It's time for me to break out that motor for some more HP???

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nah you don't gotta do that, I'm just a satellite team!
altho glad to see the 4v getting some play finally if that's your plan, that was mine till they sold out of the 190s
I did manage to get a e150 tho, haven't played with it yet

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
The 4v motor has crossed my mind. Man still to lazy to mess with it. I wanna do an upgrade on the cam and some 150r valve springs. I have some big bore kits for the 150cc that's already in the perimeter chassis. So it will be easier to just slap 1 on.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I looked at the site for the track in FL. I have absolutely not seen any scheduled races. Only seen open track days for practice. Much to far away to travel for 1 day of practice.
If that's the case, there is a track in SC that is huge! Has 16 turns that also offer trackdays. I think the track in SC will be a better option plus will play more to the HP of your motor. Straight away long enough to hit 100mph. Most of the turns are highspeed turns.

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
The 4v motor has crossed my mind. Man still to lazy to mess with it. I wanna do an upgrade on the cam and some 150r valve springs. I have some big bore kits for the 150cc that's already in the perimeter chassis. So it will be easier to just slap 1 on.

You have patience and time to figure and tweak rear swingarm link geometries.....you should be able to upgrade both things on that 4v just as easy....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
You have patience and time to figure and tweak rear swingarm link geometries.....you should be able to upgrade both things on that 4v just as easy....:thumbsup:
I agree, I just keep making up excuses. I hate trying to race on new motors. I suck at using the clutch affectively on fast corner entry. The engine braking on a new motor for me. Forces me to stay upright more under braking. Compared to how I ride now. I dump the clutch when I down shift while diving in hard on the brakes. No worries of the rear wheel locking up.
I'm gonna have to bite the bullet one day though and man up. Lol

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
I agree, I just keep making up excuses. I hate trying to race on new motors. I suck at using the clutch affectively on fast corner entry. The engine braking on a new motor for me. Forces me to stay upright more under braking. Compared to how I ride now. I dump the clutch when I down shift while diving in hard on the brakes. No worries of the rear wheel locking up.
I'm gonna have to bite the bullet one day though and man up. Lol
Yes indeed....who knows the 4v engine maybe just as easy to ride once you upgrade the power a lil and give it a powerband adjustment....

If I knew you any better I'd say you've either already ordered the necessary parts or are gonna really soon....

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well I ran on the new motor for a few days and then the carb started acting up, so I decided to let that be for now and moved on to painting
nathun wanted his bike blue with lightning and I had wanted to do a kawi rep for a long time
this green is engine block paint, mostly cuz the color matched but hopefully helps with the heat
I'm loosely doing the 2012 bike tom sykes rode, altho I may alter it a bit to fit the body better
its lookin good so far

Attachments

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Yes indeed....who knows the 4v engine maybe just as easy to ride once you upgrade the power a lil and give it a powerband adjustment....

If I knew you any better I'd say you've either already ordered the necessary parts or are gonna really soon....
yes I have the cam just haven't ordered the valve springs.

well I ran on the new motor for a few days and then the carb started acting up, so I decided to let that be for now and moved on to painting
nathun wanted his bike blue with lightning and I had wanted to do a kawi rep for a long time
this green is engine block paint, mostly cuz the color matched but hopefully helps with the heat
I'm loosely doing the 2012 bike tom sykes rode, altho I may alter it a bit to fit the body better
its lookin good so far
SWEETTTTT! I gotta get to work!

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks, I was tellin S yesterday I'm not sure if I'm gonna race this body, with about 5 more hp of motor I'm sure to see the ground a time or two
I got a decal set and ive been taping lines on this thing trying to find the best look and its kinda pain in azz
indecision seems to be the biggest enemy of perfectionism

·
Registered
24,123 Posts
Go Blitz, painting is Not my favorite thing to do.

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
thanks, I was tellin S yesterday I'm not sure if I'm gonna race this body, with about 5 more hp of motor I'm sure to see the ground a time or two
I got a decal set and ive been taping lines on this thing trying to find the best look and its kinda pain in azz
indecision seems to be the biggest enemy of perfectionism
Indeed it is.....can't wait to see how you go with the scheme....

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well its been slow cause I'm lazy and I'm painting nates bike also
still I finally went with a scheme and this is a test fit with the decals taped on for the pic
the idea was hey lets connect the bolt holes with tape and that's how it started, it ended up being close to sykes bike after all
got some new green 'bones' skate wheels/frame sliders to match the paint
got some pin stripes and lookin to add a few random red or white stripe areas they usually seem to have
undecided on the wheels, stay red, go green, go black
gonna pin stripe the chrome lip in any event
ends it never ends it never ends

Attachments

1 - 20 of 189 Posts