Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so when my x15 stopped working a couple months ago i suspected the wiring. Its an automatic by the way. When i tried to crank it, it wouldnt click or make any sounds. when i checked some of the wires looked cut, torn, and worn. So i took the wires out and ordered new x18 wires from ebay. My question is will the x18 wire harness work for the x15?

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
First off if you get a click I would either suspect a dead battery or bad starter motor before thinking the wiring is bad.You got an initial reaction to act upon........Both are easy to check before spending any money in order to spend it more wisely........

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First off if you get a click I would either suspect a dead battery or bad starter motor before thinking the wiring is bad.You got an initial reaction to act upon........Both are easy to check before spending any money in order to spend it more wisely........
when i tried it, it didnt make any sounds at all

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
when i tried it, it didnt make any sounds at all
My bad......lol.......I read that one wrong...............

Wiring it up is pretty easy....The harness will have a safety interlock that will need to be bypassed..................

I would unwrap the whole thing and seperate the harness into 3 systems with a 10 amp inline fuse for each one.............

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks cam2... i will probably get started tomorow with a little help from my dad...once i get this one running i will start on my x19

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
how many would i need
You need just the one but seperating the three with 3 seperate fused circuits is ideal..........when the fuse blows you know where the problem lies that way........The one fuse method has you guessing.......

You can just use the blade fuses and a couple female blade terminal ends with some electrical tape..............

·
Registered
1 Posts
You need just the one but seperating the three with 3 seperate fused circuits is ideal..........when the fuse blows you know where the problem lies that way........The one fuse method has you guessing.......

You can just use the blade fuses and a couple female blade terminal ends with some electrical tape..............
Well i have the same problem with mines but i wasnt getting spark to my spark plug so i changed the coil, and the cdi and still no spark so i ordered the wires but it now i dont know how to connect them all im trying to do is connect the wires do the bike would work, i dont care about the headlights or anything not even electric start!!! Please help or email me at [email protected] thanks

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
You need to test your Stator Coils Plate, the wires coming out the left side of the engine behind the cylinder between the outer cover w/ a plug.
If you have a 6 coil, you test it with a voltmeter, here is what you do. If the plate don't work, no power to the coil or CDI, no run.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts