Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an x18 that I recently blew out a couple gaskets and was wondering if there is a manual or a how to, to taking apart this engine..

I'm basically wanting to take the head and cam out and start from there. I'm not sure how to go about doing it, cause looking at the cam, I would have to take off the cam gear but then the gear and chain would fall into the crankshaft.

If that made any sense. I'm basically looking for a general tear down steps guide.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
if you can find a clymers manual for a 50cc all the way to a ct110 it should give you the info to do the job
i used this my first time
make sure you torque the head bolts to 10ftlbs

Attachments

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
rest of info

Attachments

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
np, gl
if you take the piston out, i would do the ring gaps in 1/4s instead of the 1/3s they show

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I have that Honda book, its like 1966-1989, Honda single cylinder 50cc-110cc Cylmers repair manual, I think $28 at Bike Bandit, online.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
splitting cases is tough, i just did my 125 and i wouldnt want to try and put it back together
where exactly is the oil comming from?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good question, I'm thinking its coming from the middle gasket of the engine. Its really hard to tell. All the gaskets look to be shot too.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
If it is between the black cyld and the head, the head gasket is blown.
If you take the head off put the engine on top dead center on the comp. stroke, and don't turn the engine over while you have the head off.
Take the cam out, hold tension on the timing chain, pull it over the block or whatever, and tie it off so it can't fall off, that why it will be timed when you put it back together.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its the gasket in the middle of the crank case. not against the head. I can take a picture if you want.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
So, it is your crank case gasket then, can you tell where its leaking??
Might be able to clean it and seal it with a sealer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts