Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Pocketbikeplanet

I have a X18 that i am trying to tune and I wanted to know how many turns the A/F screw need and how many turns the Idle screw needs? It's a 22mm carburetor that's on it BTW.

Thanks everyone

·
Administrator
3,558 Posts
It's 3 turns out on the air flow about 1 turn out on the idle

I get them started off idle about quarter throttle and then work into the idle air setting

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just tried that it wouldn't crank. Maybe I should try one more time. Are those the specs to get it to crank I couldn't remember what I had it set to before. I would have thought the idle would have needed to be out more than one turn?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes have spark. I moved the screws and forgot what I had them on after messing with other stuff on the bike smh. I'm working on getting it back right after having them since 9th grade. I found a horizontal 300cc motor for future build to. I will try just that on 1 turn for idle and 3 for a/f

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes they are. The rear I'm working on getting the last piston to come back out on one side I have been pumping the rear break to get it out. Its out a little and the other piston is out

·
Administrator
3,558 Posts
Since it has been so long since those bikes have been manufactured pretty much all the parts are no longer available you will have to turn to pit bike parts to get things working.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Will pit bike front and rear brakes work. My front brake is okay it's just getting the rest of one piston out smh. I wished I would have finished them back in 2008 but better late then never.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,398 Posts
Yeah, measure the mounting bolts from center to center. Length of the hose, etc. But if you can't find an exact replacement, you can dismantle both and make one working brake that fits your bike. Just need to bleed the system.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay will do. I just need the rear caliper I been pumping the rear brake I have one piston out and the other one half way out so far and maybe replace front master cylinder but the front work good. The other X18 brakes both work its crazy how they sat since 2009 I got them all in 2008 I just got into cars and dirtbikes and atvs and now im back to them I'm trying to find the biggest motor to put in them solar I found 300cc maybe bore to 350cc horizontal but I'm still searching. I also have a YouTube channel AnythingWithMotors I have alot of content coming up as well 😀. I have problem I adjusted the carb just right to crank and for some reason I moved it but I work on alot of stuff and can't find the paper on how I set it to. Its a 22mm carburetor

·
Administrator
3,558 Posts
One thing is to try and run it for a few sec off starter fluid.

They will basically try to run with just about any carburetor setting just not right.

Check the carburetor drain and make sure that the float bowl is actually full of fuel

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Would it be better to use the starter fluid and should it go where spark plug is at? Or am I better at putting gas at the spark plug so when it crank I can go right to tuning and letting it run for a while

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,398 Posts
If you need to cheat to start it, use a flammable silicone. Starter fluid if used too much dries out the cylinder. Diesels cannot use starter fluid, and actually nothing should. Flammable brake cleaner is better but still one spray. But if.you spray under the spark plug and it runs for a sec, great. But that only tells you the compression is good. Spray through the carb and you know the whole system will run when the fuel issue is corrected. Carb, crank seals, compression, spark, etc. Obviously the carb might not provide the fuel but thats an obvious.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts