Pocketbike Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,381 Posts
I domt know that particular setup but if you went A/F at 1.5-2 turns out, it should run. Maybe 2 1/2 turns. But it should run with what I previously said about the spray.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yes I checked everything is good I had it crank before and just needed to fine tune the carb. I'm a dummy I changed the screw turns on both and now can't find where it needs to be at for the pz22mm carb. Everything is brand new btw

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,381 Posts
I would through the carb, if it runs the engine will run no matter what unless the carb can't deliver the fuel. Best trick in the book for checking the running condition.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Gotcha ima go through it and see what's going on and go back to the A/F and Idle this time I'm not gonna mess with it once I get it right it was so much to go through from it sitting since 2009 and when I got it started idk why I changed the tuning on the carb I will write it down again. I just got happy to see it come alive again after so long and wanted to change other stuff as orders were coming in

·
Administrator
3,540 Posts
More than likely it is not the carburetor because even without the carburetor on the engine at all it will still run off of starting fluid through the intake manifold.

People say starting fluid is bad for them but it's not I have run them for straight 30 seconds off of starter fluid with no carburetor on them at all.

Just use short burst sprays to keep it going

If you can't get it by taking the carburetor straight off of the bike and spraying starting fluid into the intake manifold then you have an ignition problem either the CDI box is delaying spark the hall sensor is confused you have a bad coil the shear pin on the crankshaft has failed and now the drum is in the wrong position or it jumped timing.

Cracked rings chipped or bent valves blown head gaskets will all show up on a compression test for the most part.

Broken timing chains and a flat cam will more than likely show up as higher than normal compression.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I will give that a try then I just wanted to make sure that's a good to do thing. I changed everything in the bikes and only rode them 3 or 4 tanks full I had them since 2008. If the A/F and Idle isn't set at certain point it will not crank either tho I will try the amount of turns yall mentioned and use starter fluid.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Heard. I'm gonna try that today or definitely tommrow. Wish me luck I been wanting to build them since I was in 9th grade now it's time to fine tune them before the new motor build. I will keep yall updated and post videos on my Youtube:AnythingWithMotors

21 - 31 of 31 Posts