Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Your carb faces forward over the cylinder and your top valve adj. cover cap.
Very little room to the neck, need a short filter. Need to take the stock air filter off and measure the dia. of the front of the carb where it mounts.
Should be about 35 to 38mm., 1.4 to 1.5", there are alot of online stores and eBay. It took me 3 filters to get something I liked.
On Tbolt go to the bottom of that page and get the $9.95 foam filter in your Dia., probably 1 1/2" and a $7.95 can of oil spray. Foam is the best for filtration and air flow, got one on my 110cc dirt bike.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay so the air filter is in front of the carb? I'm sorry but do you have a picture of where it is located? And what filter would YOU recommend for the x18?

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
There you go, look at the bottom of that SP4L page, there is a 45 degree 4 stroke foam that should work.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys, just got back on. I was looking for the air filter but I still couldn't find it. Where is it exactly? Do you have to remove something to see it? And how much faster will a new air filter make my bike go? Thanks!

·
1,278 Posts
It won't make it crazy faster but the motor will breath better for sure if you do get a new one you need to remove the black snorkle looks like a dryer tube and connects to the back or intake side of the carb and get rid of that
And also get a new spark plug after yo do the air filter take it for a ride and make sure your not running lean due to the increased air flow

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks man, but yeah I have already gotten a new spark plug. Is an air filter hard to install?

·
1,278 Posts
Other than taking the plastics off its not that hard like I said that snorkle tube going to the carb needs to be removed and tossed you won't need it any more than put the air filter on the end of the carb that the black snorkle price came off and that's it

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know what snorkel piece you are talking about. Is it going to be replaced by the air filter? I thought the snorkel piece was connected to something.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Its is a tuned air intake tube,lol, its part of the smog. Every bike I have, the first thing that goes is the stock filter. Foam and oil spray is the best protection and good air flow. My later bikes have a Catalistic Convertor in the exh pipe.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay so the part where the governor was is useless after you put on an air filter? Is it hard to install a new air filter? Don't you just take off the air intake tube, and use a hose clamp to secure the air filter to where the tube connected? Thanks!

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
That's it a hose clamp.

·
1,278 Posts
Yes get rid of the whole hose you don't need that any more it should be bolted to the frame on the right side and hose clamped to the carb just take it all out then just put the new air filter onto the now open end of the carb and use a hoee clamp to keep it on there and your all done I'll try to take some pics of my 19 so you get the idea tommorow I can't get to my 18 until next weekend tho maybe I can dig up some photos that I have that may help

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks a lot guys this really helped! I am going to get a new filter soon so thanks for the help!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts