Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
pet science project
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so as alot of people know im building a x18, i already ordered a engine, a inner rotor kit, and so far thats it. i want something different. i really like the x15 body exept for the ugly front, i really like the nose of the x18 though, can the x15 body fit on a x18 frame? im not worried about the nose...fiberglass.

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
The 18 is a lot thinner and the seat fairings and tank are completely different I don't think they will work on the 18 but I think the x7 looks good on them still need some work to fit but a lot easier to do than even try 15 fairings

·
1,278 Posts
that'll do with the x7 fairings the 19 nose is a Suzuki the tail is a aprilia
I forget what the 18 is tho

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
the 15 is a benelli tornado
dang we had all that figured out one time, now i forgot

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
X18 1998 Suzuki gsxr, i don't remember the x19 being dubbed the gsxr.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
the 19 front is a busa, so its suzy too
the bigger bodies could be cut smaller for the narrow 18 frame i guess
i seen a few x1s on cl and thought about a body fit but they are so ugly

·
pet science project
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i did some poking around with the frame, and there the freaking same thing as the X7! so with minor tweaks the x7 body will bolt right up. so im happy

·
1,278 Posts
Not really right up but can be done without too much trouble

·
pet science project
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i mean the mounts need welded up but all and all its the same freaking frame! haha. hthe heaviest work is going to be the seat structure.im going for a r1 look with projectors and a r6 tail light

·
1,278 Posts
Should look good especially with some real lights lol can't wait to see the work I like how they look really thin with that body on it as well

·
pet science project
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
im doin a flat black frame, gloss bloac/rid pinstripe rims, white fairings with white neons. 8000k HIDS with projectors, true R6 tail light, all LED signals, KOSO gauge. and 2 brothers themed exhaust

·
Registered
638 Posts
Should look good especially with some real lights lol can't wait to see the work I like how they look really thin with that body on it as well
shoot... a fog light mounted to the stock horn mount does wonders over the stock....LOL i think it looks pretty clean too.... 55w h3 halogen fog...

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
what engine did you order? lots of them came with irks
i had a 150 with one and i liked it but i had to have the idle higher than normal and id still stall it out sometimes
now i have a ork which is halfway between a full flywheel and irk
but the irk is fun to pull the clutch and hit the redline and see how fast it drops off to idle, it sounds really racy

·
pet science project
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i got a used 3 valve SDG with 5disc clutch for 110 shipped(if it ever gets here....) i plan on getting a ork because i plan on using headlights, tail lights, ect. im modding it to take x7 fairings and also switching forks, plan on going a twin brembo front caliper setup.

·
1,278 Posts
I wonder about those projectors if you put them behind the original lense it will def melt it hid or not and 8000k runs a little hotter than 6000k 5000k is the least amount of heat tho but it's white and projectors create a focused beam which also creates heat just saying don't leave it on while standing in one place too long

1 - 20 of 41 Posts