Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently, I began to notice my x18 moving forward slightly even when my clutch lever is all the way in.
So simple fix right? just re-tighten the cable with the adjuster. But when I do, yes the bike doesn't move forward anymore but when I'm reaching top end, it seems to be going slower. It almost feels like the clutch isn't all the way engaged.
I keep on trying to find the best spot... but every time, it's either the bike moves when I get off or the clutch doesn't feel like it's fully engaged. Is the bike supposed to move a little bit when you take all of your weight off?
I'm pretty sure the clutch is supposed to fully disengage when you pull the clutch in... but are these cheap pocket bikes an exception?

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Come on All you 4Stroke Midbikes - Pocket Bike Forum - Mini Bikes Guys, where are you hiding, I bet they will be back tomorrow, not like Nicky, stuck at home on a Friday night!

But I did Blow the doors off of a newer 2000's Scion Tc, On the way to Mac Donnald's to get an Oreo Cookie McFlury !

Ohh yeah it was at a merge! And in my 78hp (at the crank) 1999 1.5L SOHC Hyundai Accent! <----Like The guy in this picture!

PM him, his voice is funny or something! (England???) :p

Attachments

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
is your bike a 4speed?
cause if it was and the clutch was slightly engaged, it would try to die unless the idle was so high that it creeped forward
i had a auto bike that would idle so high that it would drive away on the kick stand, youd turn around and your bike would be 10 ft away like yo im out
on a normal clutch there are two adjustments, one near the motor and one on the lever
i like to adjust mine so its totally engaged, then put it in gear and see if it rolls when i pull the lever, if it does then im done
if it dont then i turn the thingy a little till it will roll when i pull the lever
a neat trick is to leave a little adjustment in the lever area, when your racing or riding for a long time the clutch cable will stretch a bit and you can take up this slack quickly in the lever area
aslo to keep the clutch nut from loosening up at the motor i wrap it in duct tape

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
hey Blitz, where are you from? I saw on your youtube feed a run at Sandy Hook Speedway, which looks remarkably like the Sandy Hook Speedway right outside of Baltimore, MD that I'm planning on running at once I get the new bike built.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
nick is on his 'cali' *starbucks Coffee* lol
yea man that me at the hook, it has a banked turn that is fun as crap
i got marco simonchellied at the end of the vid but until then it was a blast
ill be going up there again this year sometime, i live in vabch
thanks for watching tho

1 - 6 of 6 Posts