Pocketbike Forum banner

x18 help! camshaft oil

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  BlitzMInc 
#1 ·
I accidentally took the bolt off to the cam shaft tensioner. when i did i noticed a good bit of oil came out. I did put the spring back in, but I was told to put the same oil thats in my motor in the hole.
Help! do I flip the bike upside down to do this or is there a place to fill it? and how much oil do I put?

See less See more
#2 ·
Don't flip the bike on the right side cover there is a chrome or grey cap that twists off counter clock wise its prob a good idea to change the oil now if u haven't locate the 17 mm bolt on the bottom and drain the oil and fill with motorcycle oil not car engine oil there should b a dipstick on the cap itself with a crossed area on it to indicate how much oil is in the crankcase

#3 ·
It is still empty! the second bolt had oil in it before i took it out. did a fresh oil change and checked the second bolt on the bottom and the oil isnt there. Get what im saying? It was there before i accidentally took it out, now my bike sounds like it needs oil back in there too. Almost like it was needing trans oil. but i asked a company what to put back in there and he said the same oil thats in the oil compartment. what do i do? my first gear does not sound too good sence i did this. Iv driven motorcycles for years so I didnt blow the tranny. what you think? Last resort is you trying it yourself, just unsrew the second horizontal bolt on the bottom, catch the oil, measure it, put it back in and tell me. If you do it ill send you five bucks in the mail to get yourself some oil or whatever you would like.

#4 ·
Dude there is no camshaft oil. The same oil you put in the tranny circulates throughout the whole motor.There is a spring and a shaft that goes back in before the bolt.Also you might have not put enough oil in the motor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.