Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ... so i finally dropped the new head into my 110cc x18 ... i have a few desires for my bike ... i would like to be able to start it up with 1 kick or half a kick if possible ... my friend has a 110cc x12 and his starts up with one kick do to the aewsomeness of the previous owner ... so i really want it to be able to start with one kick ... please if any mods i can do to make this bike start up easier ... because right now it takes 3 hard kicks to get the bike started ... my a/f ratio is 2 turns from the closed position ... oh and my idle ... it idles really low ... but i have to put my exhaust on so i can really tune that ( which is being fabricated at the time ) ... i have the stock air filter on my bike ... i changed it to that ngk spark plug ... it helped a little with the start up because before it would take like 6 kicks to start ... i know of the carb restrictor mod ... i will do it but i will have to get a dremel tool first .. anything else possibly ? i have the 1/4 fuel line on my bike .. thanks guys so much !!

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Just do the restrictor tab mod and make sure the float is set optimally.....Perfect float height is set to 10 degrees.................The float in the pic is set to 10 degrees so match the pic and youll be gtg.............

Also do the hp wire mod to the stock coil and make sure the plug gap is .023" - .027"...

Another thing to check is valve adjustment setting........if the valves arent adjusted right the engine wont fire up perfectly either........

Nice job getting this far and good thing you have a handy uncle....Keep up the good work...........

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok yes i will get a set of feeler guages because the head i purchased the valves werent set already so my uncle set them with some hand tool .... I will get him to set it with the proper feeler guage which i will find out from that thread ... Also i will go ahead and do that restrictor mod ... And gap the spark plug properly ... But as for the spark plug coil thing ... Is there any higher grade automotive wire that i could pick up at my local autozone that would make it start better? .... Also which wire puts out 12volt from the engine when it is running ... ? ... I am trying to hook up the electric start on da bike ... All we need to know is which color wire puts out the power to charge the battery while the engine is running? .... Oh we are going to hook the electric start to the horn button ... Because there is electric start button on the throttle area ... Oh keep in min the previous owner clipped all the electronics off the harness soo me and my uncle have alot of wiring to do ... Thanks alot so far !!

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
You can use any automotive replacement wire that doesnt have a copper strand core....

On one of my cag coils I just installed a Denso automotive wire I found in a Jeep in my warehouse.................

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Which color wire from the stator puts out 12 volt continuos power wen the engine is runnif ? And what is the correct feeler guage to use for the intaka and exhaust valves? I tried the .020 inch feeler tha was said to use fro
That sticky but the valves kept making a loud ticking noise when the engine was running .. It seemed as if that was too big

·
www.extreme4strokes.com
3,026 Posts
That is way too big, the spec is .05mm, or .002inches that is two zeros before the 2 so a very tiny spec, your .02 is 10 times bigger than that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts