Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I'm going to college in the Fall of this year and I'm really considering buying an X18 pocketbike to get me around campus (it's in a fairly small town, so I would use it to take me on the streets, not the walkways).

First off, is that a good idea, or no? If not, any other suggestions pocketbike wise? I'm trying to avoid having to pay for motorcycle insurance since I'm in the expensive "under 25 male" age group.

I'm a semi-tall guy at 6 ft. 1 in. and I have some concerns about the bike being too short for me to ride comfortably. Would I be able to raise the suspension 3-5 inches, or is there any other way around that? Bigger tires/rims maybe?

What is the top speed on one of these bad boys? A lot of websites list 70+ mph, but that seems like a far stretch, and also insanely dangerous.

I'll probably have more questions soon, but for now, I would appreciate y'alls help!

Thanks!
KirbyRacingDev

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Hey Guys,

I'm going to college in the Fall of this year and I'm really considering buying an X18 pocketbike to get me around campus (it's in a fairly small town, so I would use it to take me on the streets, not the walkways).

First off, is that a good idea, or no? If not, any other suggestions pocketbike wise? I'm trying to avoid having to pay for motorcycle insurance since I'm in the expensive "under 25 male" age group.

I'm a semi-tall guy at 6 ft. 1 in. and I have some concerns about the bike being too short for me to ride comfortably. Would I be able to raise the suspension 3-5 inches, or is there any other way around that? Bigger tires/rims maybe?

What is the top speed on one of these bad boys? A lot of websites list 70+ mph, but that seems like a far stretch, and also insanely dangerous.

I'll probably have more questions soon, but for now, I would appreciate y'alls help!

Thanks!
KirbyRacingDev
It sounds like a great plan but unfortunately campus police wont........Get yourself a Sachs Madass 50-125 or get yourself a Honda Ruckus or Yamaha Zuma.....................Good Luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds like a great plan but unfortunately campus police wont........Get yourself a Sachs Madass 50-125 or get yourself a Honda Ruckus or Yamaha Zuma.....................Good Luck.
I considered a Ruckus. They're kind of cool but I want something that goes a little bit faster. Heard that the MadAss is super dinky, though. Do I need insurance on the Ruckus in Oklahoma? I'm paying like $42,000 a year for tuition and stuff, so I really can't afford another monthly payment, but I also can't afford gas, so I need a better form of transportation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts