Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up a x18 a week ago. Iv been working on since. The engine was bore dry and missing tons of parts. Swheels and I were working on Monday. Tested the CDI coil and stater. Even swapped harnesses. Still nothing made it spark. We know that parts were good bc he took them off a running x18. So at the very end when we packing everything i noticed that his flywheel was just a hair bigger. Swheel got his mic-meter out and saw that his and afew other 110 motor had a the thickness of 13.xxMM and mine had the thickness of 12.xxMM. His 110 motor that had the starter on the bottom had a 12.xxMM thick flywheel but the top mounted starter engine had the 13.xxMM flywheel. So i swapped out the stater that usex a bottom mouted starter. The pickup on the starter was about 1mm taller than the one that was on mine. Even after the swap the engine still have no fire. Any ideas would be great help.

Thank you.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
A nightmare indeed!!! I think it's something we miss. Both wiring harness wasn't in the best of shape. This was the craziest experience ive had so far.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This weekend ill be working on the harness and replacing and looking for any bad parts of the wire. Make sure that theres no brakes any where.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Seeings the harnesses arent in the greatest of shape unwrap the harness and renove the Stator to CDI to coil part and make a simple harness just to get it firing by the kickstarter.......

Sometimes the magnets in the flywheel morph and lose attraction which in turn will cause no spark generation............

Did you do the test on the stator with the digital multieter?..If so what did the stator read?

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Stater had 517.
Ill try making my own harness out of the old one this weekend.
The yellow is use as a ground on the diagram?

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Much better. TY

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Made a new harness when i got home. Took about 5min from using the old one. Found out that on the old harness the green ground wires at all connect in one area. Most of them went connected any more. When i get home Saturday from SC ill put my mini harness on and try it out. I hope this will solve the problem.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its was at the spot where they tie into eachother is where almost half of them broke off.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
No ground No power, I took the rear tail light off my X18, what a mess that wiring was,lol. I only leave the lights and blickers on mine, cause I am an Outlaw, and I ride it up and down the mountain Hwy road, where the speed limit is 35 to 45 mph, perfect for a super bike.

Attachments

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wooooo!!! I got spark!! It firedup. It only ran for half a sec tho. But that better than t was. Still have to order rear wheel parts and brake parts and left peg and mount. Then it will be ready for a test ride. Ill have to tune the carb.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Wooooo!!! I got spark!! It firedup. It only ran for half a sec tho. But that better than t was. Still have to order rear wheel parts and brake parts and left peg and mount. Then it will be ready for a test ride. Ill have to tune the carb.

Nice job..pull the carb off..Do the float restrictor tab removal mod,,clean every nook and cranny,,make sure all holes in atomizer tube are clean and clear aswell as make sure the float is set to 10 degrees....

The gastank can be modded to deliver a better flow that void of any airbubbles ...airbubbles hinder flow and stales fuel....

After that youre ready to lose the stock airfilter,,uncork the exhaust and get a race CDI w/supercoil combo.........

I also have a thread on how to make your clutch feel feather light but react lightning quick....http://www.pocketbikeplanet.com/showthread.php?t=40443

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Its missing the airfilter. The carb is a aftermarket one. I think its a 23mm carb with a extra long intake manifold. The front of the carb is up to the front of the frame. Ill take some pictures of it. As for the exhaust im going to mod my old X1 exhaust to make it work. The pipe is corret size. Im going to cut the flange off and fit it to the exhaust pipe that under the gas tank. Also im going to remove the EGR valve. Ill be making a cover plate for that.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What type of carb is on my bike? Incase i need a rebuild kit.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.