Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.) So I was wanting a larger rear sprocket for my x18 to make it faster. I was looking at this one, http://www.pocketbikeparts.com/Sprocket_Rear_44_Tooth_p/x7sp301407.htm, but it says it is for 2 stroke bikes. Could I make it work and with what chain?

2.) If that sprocket won't work, what will? The stock sprocket is 38 teeth so I don't want a 38 tooth one I want a bigger one to make my bike FASTER. What REAR sprocket would you suggest and what chain would you suggest with that rear sprocket?

Thanks guys, I know this is a lot but whoever can answer this will mean A LOT to me and I will give you a shout out!

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
you want a smaller rear sprocket for more speed a bigger rear sprocket for more power less speed the only one i know is the 28t billet rear sprocket from pbu for like 40 bucks no need for a shout out we already covered that lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No offense but are you sure? I was always under the impression that the bigger the rear sprocket the faster the top end. Sure it might take a little while longer to go fast but it will go faster in the end. And that if you had a smaller rear sprocket that it would get up to speed faster but would not be as fast top end?

·
Registered
90 Posts
No offense but are you sure? I was always under the impression that the bigger the rear sprocket the faster the top end. Sure it might take a little while longer to go fast but it will go faster in the end. And that if you had a smaller rear sprocket that it would get up to speed faster but would not be as fast top end?
These are gurus here. You asked them a question and he answered ya. If you feel like its wrong then venture out on yourself. Drgnprelude is a very fine guru next to CAM2 and EGR.

·
1,278 Posts
Go find a mountain bike or 10speed and put the rear gear selector on the biggest gear it will be real easy to pedal up a hill but you will only go about 5-7 mph now put it in the smallest gear it will be real hard to pedal but you will eventually get up to 30 mph
stock is a 38t I'd like to have a 33 but could not find one that fit so I got the 28t sprocket

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
the 28 tooth rear will make your first and second longer than 2 seconds, and ive hit way over 70 on the highway with it
pharrari, zing!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First off, thanks guys I was confused about it, being a n00b and all. Secondly, Pharrari, I have all-do respect for drgnprelude. I even gave him a shout out because he has helped me with almost all of my problems. I know he is a guru and was just making sure. Sorry if I made a mistake or offended anybody. But if you aren't going to help or answer a thread, why reply with a comment that just instigates people?

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Balls you have it half right on the motor you go to a bigger sprocket/pinon for top speed and smaller for bottom end. On the rear wheel you go smaller sprocket for top end and bigger for bottom end. Hopes this helps you out.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay straydawg, but could you specify? I want my bike to go faster straight line, like see how fast you can get it. I don't care about it getting up to speed, just the very top end speed. And what is bottom end? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Bottom end is your low end your take off. You have bottom end,mid range and top end which are your power ranges. Myself fast is a fast bottom end and top end dont matter to me. Its all about a fast take off and getting to top speed fast. But thats what you need for racing. Some times if you gear for top end if you dont have the room to run to its top speed your not going to get there. Since your looking for top end you want to change to a smaller rear sprocket. Im not sure what sprockets are availble for the 4 stroke bikes but someone say a 33 or 28 tooth so take your pick or try both

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks straydawg! That's what I thought you meant, because I don't want to race I just want to see how fast it can go!

·
1,278 Posts
with all my mods and a 205 lbs rider on a modded 110cc carb ported polished head coil cdi exhaust 17t front 28t rear 8-9k rpm
topspeed.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts