Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone happen to know the size of the screws and where I get them? Hardware store, online etc. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks:thumbsup:

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
At advance auto parts I believe they list them as m6x1.0 just make sure of the length you need im not positive but im pretty sure that's the size

·
Registered
355 Posts
Anyone happen to know the size of the screws and where I get them? Hardware store, online etc. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks:thumbsup:
Do NOT purchase pan head phillips screws ! Make life easy in the future when you need to remove the sprocket again and purchase hex bolts. use loctite as well so the bolts dont vibrate loose.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Do NOT purchase pan head phillips screws ! Make life easy in the future when you need to remove the sprocket again and purchase hex bolts. use loctite as well so the bolts dont vibrate loose.
You are not a Clam!

He is right, I like button head Allen hardware, but you might need an adapter for the 2ft torque wrench from Snap-On.. haha.

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
use the blue loctite not red if u want to get them off again

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Tell that to China! anyone ever managed to get the rotor's off of the wheels?

NaSa can do it with ease!

Ask me how, I have pictures somewhere!

Nicky. ;):thumbsup:

·
Registered
355 Posts
use RED loctite so the bolts will never come loose, and use some propane heat to easily remove red loctited bolts.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Tell that to China! anyone ever managed to get the rotor's off of the wheels?

NaSa can do it with ease!

Ask me how, I have pictures somewhere!

Nicky. ;):thumbsup:
Mine came out NO problem. Propane heat and a phillips impact driver. :thumbsup:

However, in the removal process the screw heads got trashed, so that's the other reason I went with replacement hex bolts

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Mine came out NO problem. Propane heat and a phillips impact driver. :thumbsup:

However, in the removal process the screw heads got trashed, so that's the other reason I went with replacement hex bolts
I would call needing to blast bearings with a "Flame Thrower" a slight problem, what about fixed piston (dual) with a "Floating" rotor like on good cars or I don't know, MOTORCYCLES!

hehehe China, and the poor dudes ordering their stuff are SILLY!

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
ok dude, i gotta disagree, the red locktite is like welding
do not use it, you will be sorry
unless you use it to prank somebody hehe
for real the blue is plenty good

·
Registered
355 Posts
ok dude, i gotta disagree, the red locktite is like welding
do not use it, you will be sorry
unless you use it to prank somebody hehe
for real the blue is plenty good
Don't (be so silly you little silly pantZ) with me or I will red loctite your steering stem bearings :D

just kidding. I understand your opinion, but me wrenching motocross bikes for 22 years i've learned one thing..... if you need to loctite it , loctite it with red ! I do however agree in certain circumstances where you can't apply heat to help get the bolts out, blue is a much better choice.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
and ive learned that if you need to locktite lots of stuff then you need to address other problems
on my race bike that hits 10k easy has only 2 spots with blue locktite and that is the rear sprocket and counter sprocket
can you imagine a kid red lockting his sprockets? its aluminum and the wheels would break if you tried to remove them
i understand you experiance but that was based on machines well better built than these mids
now dont make me go cornholio on you hehe

·
Registered
355 Posts
Don't (be so silly you little silly pantZ) with me or I will red loctite your steering stem bearings :D

just kidding. I understand your opinion, but me wrenching motocross bikes for 22 years i've learned one thing..... if you need to loctite it , loctite it with red ! I do however agree in certain circumstances where you can't apply heat to help get the bolts out, blue is a much better choice.

OK I think a high ranking mod is editing my post I did NOT type (be so silly you little silly pantZ) !!! LOL I said something much more "manly" :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts