Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My x18 has had a little back fire(most notable in top of 4th when i let off) and now its gotten worse with a little bogging occasionally. I bought the bike used and im sure the valves have never been adjusted, can anyone tell me what the adjustments should be?

ps. also, where is a reputable place to order parts for it?

First post :p

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
the back fire is most likely an air leak at the exhaust or intake manifold
there is a valve adjust sticky and a vendors section

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
um if your talking about that snorkel thing attached to the carb then no thats not what i ment
see if the exhaust pipe is loose at the head, try to wiggle it, tighten up those two bolts if it does and well go from there

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the backfire is on deccel and i checked my intake and exhaust manifolds both are nice and tight, also i adjusted the valves on it(.05mm) and it still has a backfire but not as bad

·
Registered
355 Posts
the backfire is on deccel and i checked my intake and exhaust manifolds both are nice and tight, also i adjusted the valves on it(.05mm) and it still has a backfire but not as bad
Backfiring on decell is either an exhaust leak (the gasket at the head, or an exhaust pipe joint), or too lean on your carb low speed jetting. Try bumping the pilot jet one size richer. You commented your noticing some bogging now, this is telling me you might have some debris partially clogging the carb jets

1 - 11 of 11 Posts