Pocketbike Forum banner

X18 wiring harness

4K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  sirdesh 
#1 ·
Has anyone bought the x18 wiring harness from ebay? if so where does the gear sensor plug in to????? I asked this question in another one of my threads but no answere. please help... and does it take the 2 wire key switch??
this is the closest diagram i can find. there are also 2 more spade connectors, not shown and i believe the rear tail light and 2 other 2 wire plugs not shown. one is the same color as the left brake handle so i gather its for the right brake handle.

See less See more
#2 ·
Has anyone bought the x18 wiring harness from ebay? if so where does the gear sensor plug in to????? I asked this question in another one of my threads but no answere. please help... and does it take the 2 wire key switch??
this is the closest diagram i can find. there are also 2 more spade connectors, not shown and i believe the rear tail light and 2 other 2 wire plugs not shown. one is the same color as the left brake handle so i gather its for the right brake handle.

The gearsensor wire goes directly into the gauge itself...If theres a plug your ok but if not itll need to be soldered back in....The gauge cluster will need to be disassembled to do it...Good Luck

#5 ·
OkAy I got the plugs figured out. Now you mention 4 wire key switch the harness just has a 2 wire plug labled power. And I tested the key out an I only get continuity off of one prong with the key on. I know it's power ground return power and something else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.