Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my x18 with an x6 body I got from a parts bike
this bike is for my son to learn on until next year when racing starts
these are some mock up pics to get an idea, I really like the x6 body, its so curvy, the x18 is so ridged
so since nate is just starting I didn't want the rising sun body getting crashed and so the x6 body will be the stunt double
nate has requested a 'blue lightning' paint scheme, we watched the aragon race and he liked the blue on the Suzuki of aleix esp
so this will be a 110-125 build at first, then we cee
man S the fat maxi wouldn't fit so I had to bust out the lopro slick

Attachments

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Looks cool. Wish I could get a super pocket bike. But everyone thinks they are the rarest thing in the world and want like 600 bucks for them.How old is your son?

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
Have you looked under pocket bikes for sale, there was a new crated X15 110cc, 4 speed for $500 or best offer, in the Los Angeles area. Might get it shipped for $150 or so.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I live in "the great north" aka Canada. Might be a bit far. Probably wait until one comes up that the person who owns it a idiot and can't get it started. Then I can get a cheaper one and work my "magic" on it to get it to work. Thanks for telling me though.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
She looking real good!!! Always like the look of the x6 fairings on the x18.
Hey man you gotta find a spot up in your neck of the woods so I can come up there for a little practice too.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks cool. Wish I could get a super pocket bike. But everyone thinks they are the rarest thing in the world and want like 600 bucks for them.How old is your son?
he is 13, big enough to ride it ok

they are the rarest thing when it comes to motor bike 'toys', with a production run of 5 yrs? really tho my x18 was 750 new in 06 and I was happy

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
took a few cues on the body fitment from xmr's Jordan bike build

this bike is so sexy, I remember hearing the owner crashed it

Attachments

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Wow that bike has a nice paint job. Yeh still kinda wish I had a super pocket bike.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Wow that bike has a nice paint job. Yeh still kinda wish I had a super pocket bike.
I think your located up Canada? You even wanna think about just buying parts and putting one together. Cause to be honest you'll if you happen to get a complete one. You will end up taking it apart and rebuilding it anyway. IMO they seem to be better and last longer when these bikes are stripped down and rebuilt.
There are new bikes out infact they are being sold out of Canada and being shipped to the US. I really like them and think they have great potential for being track bikes. I've posted up about these bikes years ago and I seem to be right about these particular bikes. I'm just not crazy about the price on them and I won't pay it. Lol But if I come across one of them reasonably priced. I might pick it up, though I really really Don't need anymore bikes.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Yes Canada. Gonna keep looking on Kijiji until I find a decent one.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nice I never saw that one
well the carb on the 110 sat so long I couldn't get it going, so I got a 125 engine and carb kit from tbolt, now it runs...yay
I cut the belly off the body cause it was heavy from bondo and I wanted to make the rubber-made belly from a oval garbage can
had to go back to the big maxxis front tire for now
motor break-in finished yesterday and the body is mostly fitted so painting can start
I hate the direct shifter now, I need another linkage setup before raceday
the bike feels like the corners draw you in so easy, where I have to throw the 15 in, and its a lot more narrow, the bars stick out so far lol
ps. screw you marc marquez

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Hate that little PRICK! Marquez.
That rubber maid under belly should work out great. I started making one at the end of spring. I never finished it because I couldn't make up my mind. About which set of fairings I was gonna use it on.

A steering dampener or a bigger front tire will help with the twitchy ness of the bike.
Can't wait to see that paint job. I know it's gonna come out great!

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
took nate out to try the bike and he managed to do a lap around the front yard without crashing
he did stall it a lot and eventually got tired from kickstarting it
I should have let him work the throttle a bit first but he had fun, we watched the fla track vid after

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
What a Dirt Bag, you could see him look back, and run him way out to the outside of the corner where he could Not turn, then stuck his left leg out & kicked his front forks and down he went. I was running around screaming after that, lol. I would have taken a gas can down to his pits and soaked his bike and strike a Match, lol. I hope they take points and or suspend him. What if he had died, would it have been work it???
Don't think Honda is too Happy about it either, lol.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
took nate out to try the bike and he managed to do a lap around the front yard without crashing
he did stall it a lot and eventually got tired from kickstarting it
I should have let him work the throttle a bit first but he had fun, we watched the fla track vid after
Nice track isn't it!?!?! Should be able to hit some really good speeds there. I think we're gonna have a good ol time at that track!

What a Dirt Bag, you could see him look back, and run him way out to the outside of the corner where he could Not turn, then stuck his left leg out & kicked his front forks and down he went. I was running around screaming after that, lol. I would have taken a gas can down to his pits and soaked his bike and strike a Match, lol. I hope they take points and or suspend him. What if he had died, would it have been work it???
Don't think Honda is too Happy about it either, lol.
Can't say he didn't deserve what he got. That little prick is/was trying to help Lorenzo win the championship! A completely different manufacturer and bike. I could see if it was his teammate. And he's doing it because him and Rossi and some clashes in previous races. Where he,Marquez tried to make some desperate moves and lost out in the process.
Even race direction admitted to both riders being at fault and believes what Rossi has been saying since Phillip Island. That little prick Marquez!

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
They way they have been riding, I knew something bad was going to happen. To fast to be playing games. Just wait till Spain, since the race officials refuse to do anything to either, something bad is going to happen there. If it were me I would return the favor, he still has the points lead, a little bump to #46 and we win the Championship, lol. When its Live, anything can and will happen, lol.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
EPR I really need help with my recoil. Please help.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts