Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I'm new to the forms as well as pocket bikes, but have some general mechanical know how. I purchased a pretty beat up X19 off craigslist for $125.00 seemed like it was a decent purchase because I got the motor turned over the first day working on it. The seller apparently was having major problems. Anyway I have some extra cash laying around and would really like to make this thing quick. I need help on what upgrades I should perform to the motor or if it would be more practical to purchase a higher cc. It's currently a 110cc I've found this 125cc big bore kit http://www.ebay.com/itm/171945681618 would this add significant speed/torque? btw I'm 6'1 200 pounds just for note. Im also planning on installing this carb http://www.ebay.com/itm/13163287115, an oil cooler, extended swing arm, full exhaust, aftermarket cdi, and spark coil. Id like my top speed around 65-70 and snappy acceleration. Any advice please feel free to post below.

·
I GIVE 2 CENTS
424 Posts
What I've always wanted to do is pick up a used 125cc, two-stroke Honda motor they put on shifter karts and throw it onto the X-18(or X-19) frame. It would be a lot of fabrication, but your bike would be so quick and probably be in the 100s as for top speed.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I've always wanted to do is pick up a used 125cc, two-stroke Honda motor they put on shifter karts and throw it onto the X-18(or X-19) frame. It would be a lot of fabrication, but your bike would be so quick and probably be in the 100s as for top speed.
Probably fly, sadly not for me. No experience when it comes to welding or fabrication.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Your better off with the 140. Yes it bolts right in and you can use your wiring. Though sometimes they are not color coded to match the motors. No big deal though and you can use the racing cdi.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Downside is in order to keep the motor in tip top shape. It will need constant rebuild.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your better off with the 140. Yes it bolts right in and you can use your wiring. Though sometimes they are not color coded to match the motors. No big deal though and you can use the racing cdi.
Perfect I'll probably just go with that motor then. Seem's like a way better idea to buy a new 140cc manual and a big bore kit rather then keep the 110. What could I sell the 110cc for $100-$150? Also as far as the clutch goes the x19 I purchased was auto and it looks like this clutch lever plugs into the wiring harness http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Mini-...0cc-x18-x19-/200754316080?hash=item2ebde3c330 will my harness still have a slot for this and will it signal my engine that clutch is engaged or will I have to run a standard cable and lever?

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
If it was manual you'd have to squeeze the clutch lever in before the bike would start. But they all came like that.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
the autos used both levers for brakes I think, you will need a clutch perch and lever/cable
the wires to the existing perch are the brake light signal or a stupid safety switch
the motor mount bolts are slightly too thin, they will eventually get egg shaped so I strongly suggest drilling the motor and frame to 3/8s and changing the bolts to grade8

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the autos used both levers for brakes I think, you will need a clutch perch and lever/cable
the wires to the existing perch are the brake light signal or a stupid safety switch
the motor mount bolts are slightly too thin, they will eventually get egg shaped so I strongly suggest drilling the motor and frame to 3/8s and changing the bolts to grade8
Not sure I have a rear break pedal and a front lever. Is that all really necessary for the motor and frame, seems like a lot of work.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
26mm carb.
Hey do the NC at the end of your screen name stand for North Carolina?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Okay so far I've just purchased the 140cc lifan motor and got a crazy good deal on it $320.00 shipped. Also a 26mm mikuni knockoff carb w/ filter, big bore full exhaust, clutch lever, oil cooler, hp coil, hp cdi. What's next a big bore kit & port/polished head? What else can I do to take this thing to the next level. I've only spent about $500.00 so far and should recoup 100-150 by selling my other motor. Should I upgrade the suspension, rims and tire size? Does anyone know where I can find an extended swingarm?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Pretty sure you want to make a crankcase ventilation system. There was recently a thread about what tires to put on an x19 I think. Just look around in new posts. You will probably have to make your own swing arm. Tires are probably a good investment. There was recently another thread here talking about shocks. Pretty sure it was NaSa's (Nick) thread. There was a also another thread made by SWheels and he put(or is putting???) new billet rims on his bike. Think they were $300 or something.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I would go with the 140cc fore sure , over playing with the 110cc. There pretty hot engines already, think they are 125cc cases w/ a bigger bore cyld and high top piston. They have $600 4 valve heads if you want to get crazy. The 110 has 23/20 valves and the 125cc, 25 or 28mm/23 exhaust, and a 25mm intake port, the 110 is 20mm. If you don't have a left clutch lever on your handle bars, you will have to use the rear brake lever for your clutch, which means you have to add a foot brake lever on the right side of your frame. Or you can have two levers on the left, offset, clutch below and rear brake lever above it, and a member here way back did that set up on an auto trans frame like yours.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pretty sure you want to make a crankcase ventilation system. There was recently a thread about what tires to put on an x19 I think. Just look around in new posts. You will probably have to make your own swing arm. Tires are probably a good investment. There was recently another thread here talking about shocks. Pretty sure it was NaSa's (Nick) thread. There was a also another thread made by SWheels and he put(or is putting???) new billet rims on his bike. Think they were $300 or something.

Never heard of a vent system. Is that like a filter on the end of the tube that goes to the crank case? Thanks for the info I'll have to check those threads out, I have no idea where to even purchase shocks.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.