Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi again I found an x19 for sale. the guy left everything except the motor outside for a year plus, and the plastics look like he took a baseball bat to them. I found new plastics for it and the other parts aren't too expensive. I want to build a custom bike for racing in the f2 class at millville motorsports park. so a 125cc engine probably. also I am 6'6 so is this a good idea or not. I'll try to post pictures if I can. thanks
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3360/3ee3i53me5g35k15jccc531.jpg

·
Banned
23,453 Posts
No matter what you pay for it, It will cost $1,000 min. to get it running again, and $3,000 to get it in racing condition and it will sale for $300. I would have trouble paying $50 for it. Where is the engine??

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you don't want to see it the engine has been sitting in the mud for a year. do you know of any project bikes around that can fit or be made to fit a 125cc engine. like I said I would like to have a good quality 125cc bike that I can race in the F2 class at NJMP. I would preferably like to build the bike myself.

·
Banned
21,780 Posts
you don't want to see it the engine has been sitting in the mud for a year. do you know of any project bikes around that can fit or be made to fit a 125cc engine. like I said I would like to have a good quality 125cc bike that I can race in the F2 class at NJMP. I would preferably like to build the bike myself.
You can fit a 125cc pitbike engine in that X19..........Like EPR said though youll never get out what you put in so as long as your cool with that you have alot of work ahead of you...Id start with boxing-in and beefing up the rear swingarm..........

Good Luck and BTW judging by the tailpiece its a X15..........

·
Banned
23,453 Posts
I have a 125cc Honda clone autotrans w/ reverse in my ATV, think it has 25mm intake valve, I put a 25mm carb, blue CDI, and HP orange racing coil, and oil cooler. It moves out pretty good.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
To be honest I think you can do it for less. If you have access to a drill press and a welding machine. If you get the suspension done and tires. It will be crucial to have a good 125cc motor. This is where a lot of the cost can accumulate. Go with a 125cc motor with the clutch mounted on the secondary shaft not the main shaft. The you can get an aftermarket race head and cam setup to help bump up the power.
Now that a look back I spent most of my money on motors,upgrades, expensive carbs and a lot of rear shocks. That was when i was trying to find out what worked for me and what didn't.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for all the help but I just picked up a mint condition original x1 pocket bike delivered to my house for 80 bucks. the guy couldn't start it because he had the wrong key, so I just disconnected the key and it fired right up second pull lol it had been sitting in a garage for 8 years.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Yes it can be done but you'll still need a welder or access to one. Those x1 chassis are very weak you will end up having to do more work to x1 than the x15. If you look up some of the threads I started you can see some of the things I and others have done. Plus the x1 chassis is really short and you'll need 10" wheels.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
If I had to do a quick gestimate and list for a decent x15 trackbike build. It would look like this: a gpx 125cc $400,tb lifan style race head and high comp piston $300,road race cam around $75. A set of heidenau k61 tires bout $200 a manitou fully adjustable coil over rear mtb shock around $120 and you'll need a 1500lbs rated spring. Then id look up Cam thread on how to mod the stock front brake. Then later down the road do the dual front brake mod. The stock front forks can be modded to work great for cheap. Provided that you can do the work yourself this is a good start. If you can get the ktm motor for cheaper than the modded 125cc then i'd go with the ktm. Also you can get a decent exhaust for around $140. And I like 1/4 turn throttles and steering dampers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.