Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought my x19 used and rebuilt it.... it was a pos before... does anyone know the normal shift pattern and can they tell me in a clockwise, counter-clockwise direction what's what. like clockwise 1 counter clockwise full 2... ect

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh btw it's a baja transmission i think.... idk it's so jacked up. it was bought from a place called the tool-store go kart shop and they just sell stuff for way too high. they want 925 for these things new.... automatic and they say there's no difference between x19 and x18... maybe not with the engine but there are differences... anyway i'll post some pics of what the engine looks like and can i possibly get some help as to what's what?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there is the left side. It says baja on it... i'm guessing the tool store didn't have x19 and didn't want to order any cause then they would have a to charge like 1.2k to get there high mark ups. so yeah anyone know anything about this?

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
On my 2010 x-19 its 1st up 2nd 3rd and 4th down so 1 clockwise and the rest counter with neutral between 1st and 2nd horrible way to do it if u ask me if im leaning into a left the last thing I want to do is pont my toes down towards the ground to down shift lol

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
dragon, its cause your shifter is direct
if you use the linkage setup like the x18, it would be 1 down 3 up
on my race bike those motors are 4up or down, mine is 4up, to enter the left corner i just bang the shifter down, i can do it leaned over too, to upshift im usually upright and easy to dig under

·
1,278 Posts
dragon, its cause your shifter is direct
if you use the linkage setup like the x18, it would be 1 down 3 up
on my race bike those motors are 4up or down, mine is 4up, to enter the left corner i just bang the shifter down, i can do it leaned over too, to upshift im usually upright and easy to dig under
ya I know I got a 160 motor on the way so I have not gotten into the whole linkage setup my next mission with the bike is to figure out a new kick stand method cuz I took care of the footbrake lever on the right by shortening it and putting the nut and washer on top of the rod but now I can't take fast lefts and lean in because of the kickstand im not racing the bike persay just having fun at a couple home made tracks over here and this kick stand on this thing comes off the frame 2in then 80deg down another 2 then the kick stand I'll c what I can do cuz I will have to cut the frame and reweld after I get my 160 in there so I will alread have all tools on hand lol s

Oh and on my 2006 x 18 it is all down to shift up with the linkage and neutral is all the way up so on that one if I loose the linkage I will have all up I don't know why its different but that's how mine is btw thanks fir the info on the 160 that's going into my show/street bike 2010 x19

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
on my x15 i cut off the kick stand that was welded to the bike and i used a x18 one that bolts to the bottom of the motor
i also beat the angle out so it leans over more and when the stand is up, its almost tucked all the way under

·
1,278 Posts
on my x15 i cut off the kick stand that was welded to the bike and i used a x18 one that bolts to the bottom of the motor
i also beat the angle out so it leans over more and when the stand is up, its almost tucked all the way under
so will that kick stand off a x-18 fit on the 160yx motor I am waiting to come in or is that only for the 110 motors just curious if I need to plan for more fab time or if it was pretty much a bolt up kind of deal

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
it will bolt right up, all the motors have a 4 bolt pattern on the bottom
i had to use spacers to clear the frame, i used big nuts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts