Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me with tuning my carb on my x2? If someone can post all the stock setting turnouts for my carb that would be great, I need idle screw, low speed needle, and high speed needle thanks! Also can someone post their own tuned settings for this carb. (My x2 has stock carb)

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
We usually try to tune the low speed while riding / testing, and the high speed with the rear tire off the ground...

I would start with the high speed, all the way in, and then open it a little bit till the max rpm's get pretty high, then the low speed, about 2 turns out, then fine tune it in or out till you get good low end power...

:):thumbsup:

Can someone help me with tuning my carb on my x2? If someone can post all the stock setting turnouts for my carb that would be great, I need idle screw, low speed needle, and high speed needle thanks! Also can someone post their own tuned settings for this carb. (My x2 has stock carb)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We usually try to tune the low speed while riding / testing, and the high speed with the rear tire off the ground...

I would start with the high speed, all the way in, and then open it a little bit till the max rpm's get pretty high, then the low speed, about 2 turns out, then fine tune it in or out till you get good low end power...

:):thumbsup:
Oh alright well I don't have to mess with low speed after all its stuck on there n don't want to mess with it. As for the high speed needle I tune it with the tire off the ground and what am I looking for? Do I need to get the highest rpm possible with the tire off the ground and that's it? My bike goes the fastest after its on and I fully choke it but its starting to slowly die now when not accelerating. Do I have to tune the idle more?

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Lowspeed factory setting is 1 1/4 turns out.......A fully broken-in X-2 will run better with the lowspeed set at 1 5/8 - 1 3/4 turns out...........

Highspeed factory setting is 1 1/4 turns out......It'll most likely run good with it set to 1 1/2.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lowspeed factory setting is 1 1/4 turns out.......A fully broken-in X-2 will run better with the lowspeed set at 1 5/8 - 1 3/4 turns out...........

Highspeed factory setting is 1 1/4 turns out......It'll most likely run good with it set to 1 1/2.
Ok thanks. Just to be sure the high speed needle is on the side of the carb where the idle screw is and the low speed is the bronze one on top of the carb correct?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are correct....
Ok cool. Im trying to get a better understanding of how this all works. So the throttle let's in more air to the engine? And the low/high speed needle allow more/less fuel into the engine? Its been difficult for me to fine tune it cuz im just playing a guessing game at the moment..

·
Registered
426 Posts
sorry to hijack the thread but i cant start a thread of my own. i have an x2 which when i got it, would not fire up at all. i sniffed the tank and it smelt like somebody had put turps in it. i changed the carb and can get it to fire up and run kind of fast but not very and not all the time. the only way it will fire though is with the throttle fully open and hsn about 5-6 turns out and it spits alot of the fuel out the front (it has no filter on it atm). the carb opening on idle is about 5mm, is this correct? when i get it runnin and let off the throttle it dies. it deffinately has spark, its deffinately gettin fuel and it deffinately has compression or it wouldnt run at all. any ideas or will it just run like this till it has an air filter on it. normally needing that much fuel would indicate an air leak but evrything is as tight as its goin to get and there are no signs of leakage. also on the lsn, there is a slotted brass bit with a slotted brass bit inside, is the inside bit the actual needle that you tune and the outer bit just what holds the throttle assembly together?

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
sorry to hijack the thread but i cant start a thread of my own. i have an x2 which when i got it, would not fire up at all. i sniffed the tank and it smelt like somebody had put turps in it. i changed the carb and can get it to fire up and run kind of fast but not very and not all the time. the only way it will fire though is with the throttle fully open and hsn about 5-6 turns out and it spits alot of the fuel out the front (it has no filter on it atm). the carb opening on idle is about 5mm, is this correct? when i get it runnin and let off the throttle it dies. it deffinately has spark, its deffinately gettin fuel and it deffinately has compression or it wouldnt run at all. any ideas or will it just run like this till it has an air filter on it. normally needing that much fuel would indicate an air leak but evrything is as tight as its goin to get and there are no signs of leakage. also on the lsn, there is a slotted brass bit with a slotted brass bit inside, is the inside bit the actual needle that you tune and the outer bit just what holds the throttle assembly together?

Dousche out the tank and replace the fuellines....they sell a fuelline kit with new fuel tank filter at Home depot,,

remove the highspeed needle from the side of carb and dont lose thin washer,,o-ring or spring,,

remove lowspeed needle............

take carb cleaner with a snorkle straw and stick straw into high speed needle hole til it bottoms out.......

crank throttle wide open............

spray 3-4 3-5 secons bursts into highspeed needle hole..........;-There should be a steady stream of carb cleaner coming up the tube

spray carb cleaner into the carb inlet nipple and pump the primer bulb to clean it through...........

reinstall HSN to 1 1/2 turns out

take 1-2 hour set epoxy and mix up a very small pea sized portion.....

put a lil epoxy onto the threads of the lowspeed needle..........

set lowspeed needle to 1 3/4 turns out............

reinstall carb with new carb/intakegaskets making sure the purgeport holes are clean and clear aswell as lined up to purgeport hole on carb..

make sure fuellines are on right......black line with filter goes on large ribbed port nipple on carb........the clear line is the return line and should go onto the smaller smooth nipple port on carb................

change sparkplug.............NGK BPM6A,,,,gapped to .030"

remove fancover over transmission

remove coil..........

clean any rust from flywheel magnets and pickup coil thongs

reinstall coil gapped to .020" business card thickness........

mix fresh 93 octane @ 40:1 pre-mix

Turn on keyswitch

set choke

pump primer til gas recirculates back to tank and all air is removed.....

pull pullstarter and it should start...........after it does set idle then highspeed tune then reset idle if needed.............Good luck

·
Registered
426 Posts
thanks for the reply bud but i dont think the carb needs cleaning out, its brand spankin new and fuel is deffinately gettin through because the engine does fire up when the throttle is held all the way open and alot of the fuel is spittin out the front. already cleaned the tank but even still atm im runnin a line directly into a gerry can with mixed fuel in. the spark plug is fine, coil gap is fine. the problem is not that the engine wont run whatsover, its that it will only sustain itself at wot and with the hsn set to about 5-6 turns out which makes loads of fuel spit out the front. could not having an air filter on it be causing this?

and btw im in the uk so i doubt i'll be able to pop into home depot lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts