Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a fatty pipe for my X2, and just from a quick look the stock exhaust mounts to the motor with a 2 bolt flange, but the fatty pipe doesn't have a flange. I didn't get any hardware with the pipe, am I missing something? Thanks!

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Take the bike to the muffler shop. They can cut the old and weld the one up for you. Havw them cut the way where you still be using the old flange from the stock pipe. If its a good shop they might charge $20 for it.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Thats even better.

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
That fatty pipe mounts over the rear cross member unlike the stock pipe that mounts under the cross member. Also make sure you clean the welds up inside the end of the pipe (motor side) and port match your gasket and manifold than seal it up with some copper RTV sealant when you put the pipe and manifold together. Great pipe for that bike :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Got the exhaust on, installed a rocket key and lightened the flywheel. Sounds much better, but it starts to pull well then falls on it's face. Not going to sweat that too much yet as it was 10:30 when I got it all back together so I couldn't exactly do much tuning. Going to try to tune a little tomorrow after work

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Got the exhaust on, installed a rocket key and lightened the flywheel. Sounds much better, but it starts to pull well then falls on it's face. Not going to sweat that too much yet as it was 10:30 when I got it all back together so I couldn't exactly do much tuning. Going to try to tune a little tomorrow after work

What do you mean by falls on its face? Its dies or what?

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
You need more fuel..........Tweak the LSN 1/4 turn richer then highspeed tune it...Nice garage shot and bikes........It looks just a lil too clean to be called a workshop....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
What kind of bikes are next to ur x2?
The little trials bike is called an OSET. Next to that is a Ducati 748 track bike and then a Yamaha R6

You need more fuel..........Tweak the LSN 1/4 turn richer then highspeed tune it...Nice garage shot and bikes........It looks just a lil too clean to be called a workshop....
Thanks, Cam2. I'll start with that. If I don't make myself keep the place clean, it goes downhill quick, and them my wife starts trying to sneak her junk in there lol

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
The little trials bike is called an OSET. Next to that is a Ducati 748 track bike and then a Yamaha R6

Thanks, Cam2. I'll start with that. If I don't make myself keep the place clean, it goes downhill quick, and them my wife starts trying to sneak her junk in there lol
Nice! How much did the Ducati cost u if u don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Brand new the bike tips towards 20g's....Track ready another $8k.....The reason hed most likely to be selling it so cheap because it doesnt get treated too nicely being a racebike and has been run hard on the track........
Yeah, that's why I don't want to think about how much I have in it lol. Unfortunatly bike values are in the toilet(especially track bikes), so if I did want to sell that's about it right now. If you were to start with a new bike and build it to match mine it would have cost in the $25k range. I really wouldn't recommend them for a beginner because they need to be ridden hard to get the most out of them, maintance is expensive(about $1500 every 6k miles if you go to the dealer), and crash repair is even more so. Look into a Suzuki SV650 or a Honda Hawk 650. Great, fun little v-twin bikes that won't break the bank

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
I wasnt really looking into starting out on a 600 ,maybe a 350 or so, I like to make my way up to something with a lot of power, I'd never go to 1000cc tho
The best Streetbike350 I ever owned was my 2 stroker Yammie RZ350..The engine was like a larger displacement Banshee quad engine and the engine they modeled the quad engine after.....My bike was so powerful it used to rip the wheel better than 20ft dumping the clutch at 4-5000 rpm's from a dead standstill before the front wheel wanted to start its 12 oclock high mission upwards making for a pretty sweet ride..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.