Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) My bike is very cold natured. I have to give it a little shot of starting fluid and full choke to get it to fire up and run. Even then it takes about 20 seconds to run on its own. Once it starts it now runs great. It pulls strong all the way to 27 mph. It idles fine. The plug is a nice shade of brown just as it should be. However, if you turn the bike off for 2-3 minutes after it is warmed up it will not restart. Does anyone else have this problem or a solution.:eek:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hmm, are you pumping the Carb Bulb also? Sound like you are loosing your prime to your carberator(fuel backing up the line). Observe you fuel line after you shut it off to see if a air pocket grows right before the carberator.

Are you using the electric start?

GL.

EDIT

20 secs after a really cold start is not unusual for my bike but my Idle is set to 3,200 rpms. Stock is under 1,500 I believe. Increase the idle scew to get a hotter idle but dont set it high enough to engage the clutch.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only use the prime bulb when it is cold. I have never used it when it is warmed up. I always use the electric start because it has too much compression to pull start.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Mine does the same thing after I put a new carb on,so its probably a fuel problem.It might be flooding,try pulling the plug when it doesn't start and see if its wet.

·
Registered
325 Posts
my bike had the same problem even after adjusting the flywheel closaer to the magneto. i just got a performance package from oneil bros. racing . and it runs and idles like a champ starts every time thats the best fix i know, kit cost 150 $ cant beat it !evry thing you see i have except the juice box from ada

1 - 5 of 5 Posts