Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nybody kno where to find parts for the x22.. I'm about to buy one and the guy said it need the rear singal light.. are the x22 and the x19 lights the same in the back they look alike.. anybody kno if the x19 would fit or where to find parts..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
**** that bike looks sexy came2,lol.. that looks almost new.. do u think its worth buyin a x22 then, if I can't find parts. The bike is in good condition, no cracks in plastics, auto, wants 400 and he got the certificut of origin 2007

·
Banned
21,780 Posts
**** that bike looks sexy came2,lol.. that looks almost new.. do u think its worth buyin a x22 then, if I can't find parts. The bike is in good condition, no cracks in plastics, auto, wants 400 and he got the certificut of origin 2007
$400.00............Thats a lil steep even with the cert of origin....X22's arent the best quality bikes...I owned 2 and sold them pretty quickly because of the lack of quality against an X15/18/19

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
which bike would u say is the best one to own.. the x15, 18, or 19.. or what about the tercel.. now I'm 2nd guessin about buyin the x22.. do u think a x15 would be a btter investment.. I seen acouple of those but there around 400 too

·
Banned
21,780 Posts
which bike would u say is the best one to own.. the x15, 18, or 19.. or what about the tercel.. now I'm 2nd guessin about buyin the x22.. do u think a x15 would be a btter investment.. I seen acouple of those but there around 400 too
The X17 is a very ancient bike..I sold mine pretty quick.In fact so quick I dont think I took any pictures of it ever...The KX100 engine I was planning on for it I beleive fell through for one reason or another.Ive had and have so many bikes its sometimes hard to keep track of what Ive obtained or the datails involved.........Not to mention I suffer from memory loss from my accidents/surgeries.........LOL...

The X17 can be upgraded utilizing X22 plastics but it still will have trouble finding parts like 12" rims and other items without a rigorous search...More rigorous than finding X15/18 and 19 parts............

Seeings the X19 is essentially an X15 w/a different bodykit and full lighting they fall with-in the same category...The frames are basically bulletproof but the swingarms arent,,,The X18 frame is a bit flimsy and weak and the swingarm is very strong.........If you can meld an X18 swingarm onto an X15 frame youd have one tough machine.........

To me it was easier to mod my x15's than it was to mod my x18's..........

·
Banned
21,780 Posts
Hey cam2, just got back from lookin at the x22, didn't buy it.. I was lookin everywhere for the vin number on the bike and couldn't find it to save my life, where is the vin on these bikes
On the X22 the vin # is stamped into the frame tubing on the rear of the tail.......Youll need an inspection mirror to see it or you can flip the bike over too........

On X15/18 and 19 the vin #'s are on a riveted-on plate on by the front neck and sometimes the rear swingarm.....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
**** I looked everywhere and I could find it.. I didn't buy it cause I couldnt find the vin.. so ill have to get a mirror and look at the back under the tail.. any chance u could show me or take a pic of urs or close to where urs is..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also the plastic wasn't all that great.. the wasn't cracked but they were broke where the screws went into, witch is actually worst.. cause I won't be able to mount them uness I bondo the plastics.. and the rear signal light orange glass was shattered... I got him down to 350, but I was 2nd guessin, because of the condition and could find the vin... u think I should pass on it.. I also just wanted to see a x22 in person, I was curious, but now I'm thinkin the x15 looks just as good, just no double light infont with I love.. he also found the reciept so had that as well.

·
Banned
21,780 Posts
Also the plastic wasn't all that great.. the wasn't cracked but they were broke where the screws went into, witch is actually worst.. cause I won't be able to mount them uness I bondo the plastics.. and the rear signal light orange glass was shattered... I got him down to 350, but I was 2nd guessin, because of the condition and could find the vin... u think I should pass on it.. I also just wanted to see a x22 in person, I was curious, but now I'm thinkin the x15 looks just as good, just no double light infont with I love.. he also found the reciept so had that as well.
Id seriously pass on the X22...Its a big POS........!

The front caliper snapped in half on mine,,the frame leg for the footpeg broke off and the bike handled like a wet sponge.........

The X15 has a dual headlamp with two bulbs in one housing........

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, thanks cam2, looks like I'm gona pass on the x22, thanks for the info.. took out my tercel yesterday but electric start ain't workin, jus tinstalled the 12v18ah battery, took up the whole space in the back storage compartment.. try the e start and I just hear a click, doesn't even sound like the starter is tryin to kick over.. how do I test if its the actual starter that's uner the motor, or the starter relay that the stfarter connects 2

·
Banned
21,780 Posts
Ok, thanks cam2, looks like I'm gona pass on the x22, thanks for the info.. took out my tercel yesterday but electric start ain't workin, jus tinstalled the 12v18ah battery, took up the whole space in the back storage compartment.. try the e start and I just hear a click, doesn't even sound like the starter is tryin to kick over.. how do I test if its the actual starter that's uner the motor, or the starter relay that the stfarter connects 2
Jump the starter direct off the battery or touch the two terminal posts on the solenoid together with a screwdriver...........A single click usually means the starter is dead..a bad solenoid wont click......

·
Banned
23,453 Posts
My guess would be the starter motors bad, there junk to begin with. My X18 starts easier w/ the kickstart. On cold days I squirt little gas on top the air filter.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It was acutally the power wire to the battery, there's 2wires to the power that has one connector, 1 wire was cut off out of it, put a new conncetor and it started right up, yea.. thanks for the info tho.. I was lookin up starters and the selnoid, starter was like 20bucks and a selonoid relay was only 8 bucks.. might just buy them in the future.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
X22 are good bike, but I think the x15 is better and the x18 is better then those 2, from what I learned and hear.. to find parts for the x22 are impossible, and the frame on the x22 isn't that strong like the x18 bikes.. I passed on a x22, cam2 said there not really that great bikes eather... the only thing I like about the x22 is the double lights in front plus I think there all automatic is urs auto.. unless its in great shape and cracked plastics, then its a nice bike to have for the right price..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.