Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just got a x22 automatic. It used to start up an drive, but now it won't start at all nothing happens when start button is pressed and it's auto so no kickstarting and no jump starting. What could be the problem?

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Sounds like the battery might be dead, Have you tried charging it at a nice low Amp setting?

The Battery Tender Jr is a popular choice for the Super pocketbikes...

If you have a Multi-Meter you could hit the battery on DC Voltage and check to see if it's even close to 12Volt

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the battery an it was fine how can I bypass te key ignition cuz mine is broken but it still turns without a key. And it used to start without the key and broken so that cud be the problem? I think bypassing is to just unplug it right?

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
well, if it's a 2-wire you could just rig up a normal switch, usually "Open" (not connected) is off and "Closed" (connected) is normally on.

Sometimes it's the opposite, you could test the key switch with a multi-meter too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a 4 wire plug. Where can I get a multimeter from? And what else doyou think it can be?

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
its likely the battery
the bike will start with the key unplugged, it just wont turn off

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hooked up a car battery and still nothing. I'm gonna try connecting the bat straight to starter and see why happens.

·
1,910 Posts
The starters are junk and so is the motor.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys thank you all for your help I fixed the problem and it was the darter button so I took apart the starter button and fixed it now it starts up and drives great. Thanks again to all

·
1,910 Posts
The starter buttons stick. When you get a chance replace it or risk burning your bike to the ground. It's just a momentary switch. Get a heavy duty one from a auto parts store or Radio Shack and mount it where-ever you want.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
isnt that what was causing that one batch of bikes to catch fire?
scary
thats why fuses are good

·
1,910 Posts
Yep and I don't think an inline fuse even helped?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts