Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i'm new to pb and i need a lil help... ok here's what going on i got the bike to start but it won't stay on w/o the choke . it have a new carb,spark plug,flywheel,and magneto and i just don't know what else to do .. can someone help me plz

·
Registered
140 Posts
those it turn off right away or those it stay on for a little while then turn off? those the bike rev up when you take the choke of??? answer any of these question and i can be more helpfull, also check the fuel lines they might be clogged up

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Sounds like your pilot jet is clogged. It's next to the main jet. Take off the float bowl, take both jets out clean them good and the float bowl too.
I just did that to my X18 and 125cc ATV carbs. The pilot jet is less than .020" so it clogs real easy.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
My new 20mm carb on the 125 ATV had no adjustment either, it's called Smog, the USA don't want you to adj anything. I went and got a 25mm carb for $25 that has a screw adj.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Next you need to check and see if you are getting gas inside the engine. Try starting it a bunch of times with the choke on, then.
Pull the plug see if it is wet or dry, put alittle gas in the hole, check your spark and put it back to see if it tries to start.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
my a/f mix screw is pre set thats what the man said when i bought it 2 day ago
I guess you didnt grind the restrictor tab out with a dremel..........That tab causes alot of starting and running problems.........

Take some very small and thin washers and bump up the needle...My 150cc quad had an EPA friendly 26mm carb and raising the needle got it broken-in til I popped on an OKO 30mm carb from a scooter I have then It ran killer....

If youre gonna buy a diff carb buy a 22mm with a jetkit.........

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
i dont have anything to grind it down with
You dont have a file or a grinding stone that mounts in a drill chuck?

Putting 2-3 thin tiny washers under the needle c-clip will help give ya more fuel in the meantime but that tab is important to remove...

That tab keeps the float from dropping all the way down into the bottom of the bowl....By restricting the float movement the needle cant drop down in the needle seat far enough to fill the bowl quick enough to feed the demand of the engine when under load

You can also take a small safety pin and open up the pilotjet and mainjeta lil bit to give the carb more fuel...

Anything you do just dont uncork the exhaust mufflers until you get an adjustable carb...........Youll really have running problems

My X22 had a 25mm carb/intake,,racing CDI and internal engine/clutch mods/headbreather mod/hp foam airfilter/modded mufflers/ported head and regorund stock camshaft......It was a pretty powerful and fun ride after the mods...........

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.