Pocketbike Forum banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts

What this plug? One grey and one red wire both go to age I think

What's this plug one yellow one blue both go to battery does this go to te 3 prong battery charger

One wire is soldered to 3 wires one goes to this one goes to gauges other or is fried

·
Registered
60 Posts

Where do the yellow and white and the black and white wires that come off the cdi go? I know black and white is kill switch I'm pretty sure

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
You can buy them white plugs kits for .50 cents each all different sizes and number of wires, TNCscooters online.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I give up on it I'm selling it tonight for 175 as is. Ill buy something that runs I don't have the time, tools, or money for this project.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Find someone w/ a voltmeter, and test the 2 stator wires that's shown, with the yellow meter. Meter on 2000 ohms, the 2 wires should read 450 to 550 ohms. If it is any where near 420 to 530, I would get a new one $25 or so.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Okay. First question are these wires suppose To connect to anything inside here?

This is where they come out they aren't connected to anything inside.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Them wires connect to your stator coils, it's a generator, it powers your coil and charges your battery. It's also AC current so, a hot wire goes thru the voltage regulator with makes it DC current to run your lights, and charge your battery. Look at this diagram, it's german, but it gives you the wire colors and were they go in simple form. It shows the eng and the wires coming out and where they go.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Reply to EPR on post #58 this is where the wire starts. It's actually red but wrapped in black.

This is where it goes to it is hooked up backward or where does the wire go?

Could this be the problem?

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
That wire from the starter goes to one side of the starter solenoid, the other side goes to the battery I believe. The small wires off of it, think one maybe black goes to the starter button which gets its power from the keyswitch which gets its power from the voltage regulator. There is a red power wire too, right, that might hook to the safety switches that probably ground the starter till you pull the brake lever etc. When you press the starter button it connects the two big wires and the starter turns. The rust is on the outside, just clean it, and the inside surface good.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The wires that come off of it are yellow one has a red stripe the other has a green stripe. From what I read one goes to the push start the other may be a ground

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Have to have one small wire off it to the start button. Put 12v to the yellow w/ red stripe and see if the solenoid clicks. Also with power to the above wire, check to see if there is voltage in the other wire. If it don't work ground the yellow w/ green and see if it works.

·
Registered
60 Posts

This is my harness.

These are the back lights don't know where the 2 wire plug goes

Front lights and other accessories.

Cdi. Black and yellow are for the coil and a white and yellow come off and go to front harness its suppose to be a ground.

·
Registered
60 Posts

This is the recitifier plug.red wire goes to this

Supposed to go straight to the battery. Does it on next to the plug that I think goes to a 3 prong charger.

These wires go inside te engine case. Stil gotta figure out where I think I'm missing the starter plate.

Blue and white that come off engine case is soldered here. Was it modified for lights?

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
The blue/white stripe I think goes to the left upper connector on the CDI, it is shown on the wiring diagram above.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Maybe to get power for something else, without going thru the factory wiring. You need the Rectifier to turn AC from the stator coils to DC the charge the battery. The rect. is usually diodes, the electricity goes thru but can't go back like AC current.
My X18 battery has been dead more that 2 years, I just kick start it. My 125cc ATV you have to have a battery. Might want to try simple wiring, tncscooters has all the white plastic plugs cheap, that and alittle wire, you can make you own basic wiring. You can run your lights off the battery, or make a power wire off the Volt. Reg. rectifier to power your other stuff, run it thru a 10 amp 12v. fuse.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Only dealers or wholesalers can buy there. Need a resale business lic.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts