Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
PSN: xR3Y-_-BeAsTx
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey PBP members,

I am in need of your thoughts! Any and all are appreciated.

I have an X6 and I am need new plastics. I plan on going away from the original X6 fairings, so I was thinking maybe an X7 fairing kit or something that will fit on the current X6 frame.

I am not sure what will work on my current frame?

I was considering going with this site - http://www.pocketbikeparts.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=180

Looking to hear back and I will post pics when I have decided and completed the conversion.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I'd keep the x6 fairings on , it has it's on look and I think all the x's through x1-8 have the same frame but maybe diff dimensions

·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd keep the x6 fairings on , it has it's on look and I think all the x's through x1-8 have the same frame but maybe diff dimensions
The X6 fairings broke on me, so I wanna switch it up. I think the X7 body looks meaner and more sleek

·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the x7 looks nice! U have to do some research about the dimensions etc good luck man!
Thanks dude. I hope someone who has switched bodies or know info on it will input. I will be looking into it alot on saturday.

·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
U should be able to do it, CAM2 put some x1 plastics on a x18 frame, keep me updated
Yeah man, forsure! I will have pics (hopefully). Must shop around for a cord to plug my phone into my computer lol

·
Registered
316 Posts
Think someone put x7 plastics on an X1 /X2 which use nearly the same frame as the X6. Let us know how it works out.

Hugh
SDscooters

·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I have no idea what I'm gonna do with my bike , the electric start won't even budge now I have to order the pull start and i don't want to wait

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Alrighty. Yeah I'll keep you posted.

I am leaning toward X7 plastics but I am considering putting on a super bike fairing kit on my X6.

Possibly this X18 kit - http://www.pocketbikeparts.com/Body_Kit_Complete_kit_p/etbp5590199.htm ??
The X6 frame is wider than the x18 frame in certain placed dimensions....it would be easier to put an x15/19/22 body on an X6/X8.........Its way easier to put an x7 body on an x18 than on an X6 and yet the X7 to x18 swap still requires work...........

·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The X6 frame is wider than the x18 frame in certain placed dimensions....it would be easier to put an x15/19/22 body on an X6/X8.........Its way easier to put an x7 body on an x18 than on an X6 and yet the X7 to x18 swap still requires work...........
Thanks!

I will most likely go into that direction and purchase the X15 kit early monday morning.

I wasn't aware of the dimensions as I haven't researched into it yet.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
My horn or lights won't Even do anything *** ! I have a fuse and a new fuse holder installed , why me?

·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My horn or lights won't Even do anything *** ! I have a fuse and a new fuse holder installed , why me?
Haha.. I'm right there with you. Nothing works. I think my fuse is good too, so I am saying it's my battery.

I'm gonna give it a charge when I get home if I remember lol

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Haha.. I'm right there with you. Nothing works. I think my fuse is good too, so I am saying it's my battery.

I'm gonna give it a charge when I get home if I remember lol
My batterie is fine tho. My uncle accidentally pulled the negative wire off and I didn't solder it back on I just electrical taped it , that could be a reason idk

·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My batterie is fine tho. My uncle accidentally pulled the negative wire off and I didn't solder it back on I just electrical taped it , that could be a reason idk
Yep, I forgot to give my battery a charge.

If that does not work for me it may be wiring issues too, since I had blue leds installed onto my bike with some help.

I go on vacation next weekend, so I am not going to risk ordering the X12 plastics and have them at my door steps over the weekend lol..

So I am going to wait until next monday to order the plastics.

Anyone have any ideas on what a beginner like me can do with converting an X6 into a X12? (exhaust, shocks, etc.) :confused:

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Yep, I forgot to give my battery a charge.

If that does not work for me it may be wiring issues too, since I had blue leds installed onto my bike with some help.

I go on vacation next weekend, so I am not going to risk ordering the X12 plastics and have them at my door steps over the weekend lol..

So I am going to wait until next monday to order the plastics.

Anyone have any ideas on what a beginner like me can do with converting an X6 into a X12? (exhaust, shocks, etc.) :confused:
U have any pics of ur bike lit up?and do u mean x15? Because I'm sure the x12's plastic won't fit right on ur bike, the x12 has its own unique shape

1 - 20 of 94 Posts