Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Super excited to get started in the pocket bike world. I've just bought an x6 (or so I can tell from everyone's expertise on this site) and I'm looking for a 4 stroke 48cc engine everywhere and can't seem to find one. This engine mounts with 2 bolts from above and not on the standard plate mount on bottom. Can anyone pit me in the right direction to find one. Thanks all.

·
Super Moderator
2,685 Posts
Its a Honda Z50 4 stroke clone engine they are no longer manufactured it's going to be the used market

·
Registered
169 Posts
Can you post a photo of the engine area. You can probably put a 110cc 4 stroke engine instead, same mounts. Get the semi auto engine, foot shifting without a clutch lever.

·
Registered
39 Posts
There are 50 mL, 70 mL, 90 mL, 110 mL, 125 mL motor is still available on the Internet. 110 and 125 are only on eBay or Amazon. Unfortunately most of the time you have to look at the Chinese websites Alibaba, etc. Not what everyone wants. But nonetheless,available

·
Registered
169 Posts
Go look at www. Tboltusa .com You could use a 125cc ( 120cc ), 110cc long stroke engine, 52.4 by 56.400mm stroke. A real 125cc has bigger cases than the 110cc 54mm bore x 54mm stroke.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All great info!! Thank you everyone. It's nice to ask for help and get people who genuinely want to help. In today's day and age it's a breath of fresh air. Being in Ontario Canada I'm pretty much relying on Kijiji ( used site ) and amazon. I've inspected the engine and it looks good top and bottom. Ive got a new carb coming today and heading to Canadian Tire to grab fuel lines, battery, oil etc... Hopefully she starts. I will return with more questions without a doubt. Happy Easter everyone.

·
Super Moderator
2,685 Posts
In a x6 the larger engines will not fit because they are longer and the head will hit the support tubes!!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
That's why I asked to see the frame where the engine mounts. Bet I could put one in the just need some frame mods.
If the engines good use it. Hint, put a little gas down the carb before you try to start it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looking forward to making some mods to the bike. I see that on the black part of the top end (cylinder head) it is stamped 48 cc. I guess I really do have a z50 replica engine. Unfortunately I bought it under the impression it was a 110cc. Oh well, live and learn. It's for my 8 year old son anyways. No need for mach speeds. I like the fact the bike has hydraulic disc brakes, it's more important to stop rather than accelerate. I have a portable welder so I could weld some flatstock or angle iron to mod it up, however for the time being I'm trying to make it as safe as possible. If and when my son can max it out I may put more HP into it. Btw, do I need a fuel line shut off? It didn't seem to come with one. Also, I see why Amazon's Chinese replacement carbs are so cheap.....it's HALF the weight of the old one!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Actually I thinks its 70cc, because of the 48cc marks, they made that up cause they could not import 70, 90, 100 or 110cc in that bike. 49cc is the real 50 engine. They stamped 48cc so they could tell it's a 70cc. Need to know the bore and stroke to be sure. I would get an hp CDI and orange coil kit for it, around $24. The Chinese are very Slick, lol.

·
Registered
169 Posts
If it is 70cc, you can always take the 19mm carb and put a 22mm dirt bike carb on it. On my 110cc I am running a 25mm carb but I have a good hp exhaust, CDI and coil w/ oil cooler. Are you riding the X6 and you kid is riding the Cateye??
Looks like you might have the blue finned CDI and orange coil and wire. Take a close up picture of the all them wires.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts