Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
PSN: xR3Y-_-BeAsTx
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this bike recently and now my Ninja x6 that I have won't accelerate when I give it some throttle. I let it warm up for 3 minutes and when I'm on I give it some gas and it stalls out before I reach 5 mph. If you have had this problem and was able to fix it please reply because I'd really like to get my bike up and running. Also, I'm really new to pocketbikes so step by step instructions will be of most help if you know of any solutions. Thanks.

·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok I had the same problem is it two stroke or four stroke and how's your gas mixture make sure your choke isn't capped off
I just got it working later yesterday just by switching the choke up and down after having the bike running for a lil while. I start my bike up with the choke on, let it warm up for a little bit, then turn the choke slightly on but mostly off while riding to keep the bike from stalling.

It's a 2 stroke engine and I was told to use a 50:1 mixture so that's what I'm using.

Thanks for your help:)

What do u mean by "make sure your choke isn't capped off"?

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Try replacing the sparkplug............If that dont work,,,remove ,,disassemble and totally clean the carb out

·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try replacing the sparkplug............If that dont work,,,remove ,,disassemble and totally clean the carb out
Thanks CAM. I have my bike up and running now. My bike was recently bought so I'm pretty sure the sparkplug is still in good working order. And if the problem happens again I will be sure to use one of the tutorials on this site to dissemble and clean out the carb.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
i run 40 now but it still gets messy inside the body from the oil so i try to keep it wiped up
i also got a needle bearing in my con/wrist, do the cags got that?

·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
50:1 is too little oil, move closer to 35:1 or even 40:1

The little end of the con rod / wrist pin will hate you at 50:1 :D
Okay I'll move to 35:1. I was told 50:1 by the pocketbike dealer I got it from despite a label saying to go 20:1. 35:1 sounds more understandable. What's the con rod/ wrist pin?

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
If you think of the piston setup as your arm, the piston is your fist, the wrist pin is at the little end of the "Con Rod" it lets the piston (your fist) slop side to side as the engine rotates, the Con-rod connects your fist (the piston) to your Elbow (The Big End) of the Con-rod, The Big-End (elbow) connects to the crank shaft.

The Big End and the Little End of the Con-Rod each have a Needle Bearing since they have to shimmy and shake (Rotate) :) :thumbsup:

Engines can be easy, If you are willing to make use of the imagination, and compare it to body parts / other things!

Nick.

·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you think of the piston setup as your arm, the piston in your fist, the wrist pin is at the little end of the "Con Rod" it lets the piston (your fist) slop side to side as the engine rotates, the Con-rod connects your fist (the piston) to your Elbow (The Big End) of the Con-rod, The Big-End (elbow) connects to the crank shaft.

The Big End and the Little End of the Con-Rod each have a Needle Bearing since they have to shimmy and shake (Rotate) :) :thumbsup:

Engines can be easy, If you are willing to make use of the imagination, and compare it to body parts / other things!

Nick.
Thanks for the valuable info. I'll be sure to look into this if I run into problems relating to the piston :)

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Okay I'll move to 35:1. I was told 50:1 by the pocketbike dealer I got it from despite a label saying to go 20:1. 35:1 sounds more understandable. What's the con rod/ wrist pin?
The con rod is the brass colored dogbone thats attached to the crank counterweights....

FCC

Stock 12mm pin crank

12mm wristrod pin and bearing for reed inducted cag engine................

Everything together in a Zenoah 2 stroke engine aswell.......

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
When I took my engine apart the rollers feel out of the cage of the pin bearing and the crank was twisted 1/4" + it was a mess.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
epr, daaaaaaang that sux
i wish i could get this in my 4T engines, 12-13k would be possible maybe then, its from my zpf

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts