Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a x6 pocket bike 2 stroke and it only starts if i put gas mix oil in the carburetor hole and in the it starts i have a carb with a lil plastic bulb in the bottom that i can squeeze but all it does is send the gas out back to the gas tank im not sure gas is getting to the engine i cleaned the carb check the spark got good compression key is obviously on so it started fine when i got it one pull and boom it starts now im not sure heeeeeeelllllllllpppppppppppppp

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Remove the tank and wash it out.........make a new premium 40:1 two stroke mix......

Get a new NGK sparkplug BPM6A

Check the flywheel and pickup coil for rust...clean up both if rusty and regap to .020"

On top of the carb is the lowspeed needle adjustment............it controls startup.........Its the brass slotted screw on the rotator and is set with epoxy to keep it from wandering and losing its adjustment from vibration..............If you break the epoxy you must remove the needle and then re-epoxy it with 1-2 hour set epoxy and after getting it properly tuned you must let the epoxy to set up.......

Stock LSN setting is 1 1/2 turns out you may need to go another 1/4 -1/2 turn richer[outward]

Reset the High speed needle on the carb side to 1 1/2 turns out aswell

Get the bike starting up good then lift the rear wheel and highspeed tune it then go for a ride and finetune it...........................Then give ample time for the epoxy to dry.........

·
Registered
177 Posts
Can I use this method if my X6 is not turning over at all? I have just ordered a new NGK and question about the throtle, for 1 1/2 turns out, is that when the bolt tip is flush with the throtle cable side of the screw hole then turn 1 1/2 towards it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts