Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new on here, but have been searching through these threads quite a bit. From what I can tell as of now, what I have is an X-6. I will post pics as soon as I can so it might help someone help me out a bit better. My bike is a 110cc/auto electric start. My first question is does the brake handle have to be squeezed to start? Now, the issue I have at the moment, is that my buddy lost the key and I have taken the key switch apart trying to see if I could just hotwire it. It is a 4 wire/2 position switch. From what I can tell from my limited electronic knowledge, one wire goes to the guages, one to the starter solenoid, and two seem to be grounds. I was able to simply jump the terminals on the relay and get the starter to turn over, but I'd like to put a simple switch in in place of the key so that I am not trying to jump the relay and mess with the carb, etc... while I get it running. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have pulled a couple of schematics from here for an x18 and I believe an x7. I think they are similar, but the wiring on my bike is a rats nest, and seems that there are some differences in the wire colors which gets confusing trying to chase them around (Limited knowledge on the electrical as mentioned before, haha) Thanks gents/ladies for any help!!

·
Registered
21,732 Posts
Well you need to understand chinese logic before understanding how they wire things.............

Theres two sides to the switch..

The power contact switch is one side and one 2 wire plug labeled power.....all it does is bridge the gap between the power from the battery/fuse to the peripherrals

The other is the flameout side......Its a ground and a kill wire from the CDI box...........Those are to kill the engine and should go nowhere or intermingle with the other two wires........

Very simple ....huh?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Cam, yeah it seems as though it would be simple, haha! I did get something figured out. Now I couldn't tell you exactly what I did, but basically, I was able to take out the whole key switch wiring and pretty much wire the start switch, as best as I can tell, between the battery, coil, and relay. So as I'm sure you have guessed, no charging system, lights, or guages. I think that I will end up getting a new wiring harness and key switch before too long, but at least I can get the thing running right withough having to jump the relay terminals, haha!

I took apart the carb (lots of corrosion and the jets were clogged with a green corrosion that resembled algae) I cleaned it the best I could, and was able to get it running. As soon as I open the choke and don't give it any throttle, it will die. How do you tune those little carbs, or could it be an issue with the plastic throttle slide? A couple of things to note; motor would only start when I sprayed a little shot of carb cleaner into the intake, and fuel is leaking (fairly fast drip) at the fuel shutoff. I replaces the fuel lines and filter, and it was clamped down tightly. I am wondering if it could be the "gasket" that goes directly under the shutoff "selector" Thanks again for the help and I look forward to learning more about these little machines through the help here and my own trials and errors!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have the same problem need help with the wiring harness and can't find any four wire key starters. any idea where i can get one?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts