Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an x7 that needed new forks from a guy on CL. When I got it home I realized it was the one with the 110cc motor. I have never seen one of these before. I've searched the forums and haven't seen any threads about them. A website that sells them it states it's a 110cc motor with a semi automatic clutch and electric start. My questions are:

1) Can I convert it to manual clutch? If so how and what do I need?

2) Can I eliminate all the electronics? I don't need all that junk. Too much of a hassle. So is it possible to add a kickstart? If so how and what do I need?

Any advice would help. Thank you.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
1 nope
2 you can get rid of the lights but you still need the battery system to start it
the only option you have is a motor swap, you can try to find a stock 4speed someones selling or buy a new motor

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. =( Is there a way to eliminate the harness and make a new one for just the things I need like the starter, starter solenoid, battery, voltage regulator?

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
you could redo the harness but its alot of work for not a good reason to me, if you had a new motor then id redo it
thanks, there is surely a cart track near you within reason that would let you race

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
no, it sucks i know
check your craigs list for a motor, you gonna hafta spend money anyway, you might as well be happy

·
Registered
355 Posts
Thanks. =( Is there a way to eliminate the harness and make a new one for just the things I need like the starter, starter solenoid, battery, voltage regulator?
If you truly want a 4sp manual, I have almost a brand new 110 engine complete for $125 + shipping . Check out the classifieds for my ad. There is a few pics too . (I even have the clutch perch assembly and cable too)

·
www.extreme4strokes.com
3,026 Posts
I just bought an x7 that needed new forks from a guy on CL. When I got it home I realized it was the one with the 110cc motor. I have never seen one of these before. I've searched the forums and haven't seen any threads about them. A website that sells them it states it's a 110cc motor with a semi automatic clutch and electric start. My questions are:

1) Can I convert it to manual clutch? If so how and what do I need?

2) Can I eliminate all the electronics? I don't need all that junk. Too much of a hassle. So is it possible to add a kickstart? If so how and what do I need?

Any advice would help. Thank you.
It is possible to do both but cost prohibitive. The clutch is kind of easy, they sell the manual clutch kits on Ebay if you have the 4 speed semi auto. You can also just push down on the shifter while in gear and it will slip so you can "pop the clutch" on take off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts