Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Ive had this bike for a while and its just been sitting in my garage being rode occasionally until about 2 years ago when I just parked it. This was my best friends bike until he passed away in a hunting accident when we were 13. I am restoring this in his honor since he loved this thing and I was going to ride it into school with a group of friends.

Onto what i have done
I got a new air filter for it and cleaned the carb. out
Dissembled the body and Plastidipped it black
Degreased and Washed the whole bike
Ordering a new pullstart

To be honest its slowwer than Sh!t so i need some help on getting it where it will actually take off with me on it....im not a huge guy im 18 and 5'10 175lbs, ive seen these on youtube take off decently and i was wanting to know what was wrong

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
The best gain i had with my x2 49cc. I run 38mph and im 6.1ft and 230lbs. I removed the base gasket and ported the head. Bone stock i was doing 30mph. I would also order a LG rocket key. Read up CAM2 post on the 49cc piston port engine (port and polish) and blue printing.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Need more hp, it's a small engine and a heavy bike compared to a 49cc Cag PB. Some came with 110cc 4 stroke Honda clone engine & auto trans.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I researched a little and i seen that its just alot of work that i just dont have time for.....what high performance motor would be a perfect fit or would a big bore kit have any effect?

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
Might aswell try and milk the most out of what you've got on there... a BBK is a start, and will actually give you power gains after you clean up the cylinder and your squish is well adjusted... after that you can go for a bigger carb, FC crank, upgrade the fuel lines, get a timing advance key, properly gapped coil, lighten and balance the flywheel and clutch, performance spark plug properly gapped... the list goes on.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Its faster and cheaper to blueprint the engine and port the head with a rocket key and HP carb and exhaust and lighten the fly wheel. All of that should run $120 or under.if you do all of that youll hit 40mph easy.

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
If I were you I would just get the 110. Anything you need to know to make it happen is available on the forums here. If you want to stick to the 49cc, just rebuild the one you have. These china motors are very poorly assembled and unreliable, even new. They were never designed to be in bikes. But with some time patience effort and a little bit of cash you can make them quite efficient...

Things you will absolutely need:

-A dremel kit with lots of cutting discs polishing and grinding bits. Metal cutters too.
-Some high temp RTV Silicon gasket maker, aka Yamabond, hondabond, or whatever brand you can get your hands on.
-Some fresh hardware, the crap on these bikes will give you a headache in the long run might aswell just replace it all while you rebuild it initially.
-Loctite, these bikes vibrate alot, things get lose real fast if you dont use this stuff.
-A vernier caliper to measure things precisely.
-Non wax chain lube, cable lube, synthetic 2 stroke oil, after run oil(optional).
-A well garnished tool box.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
The engines not made made to run fast, there timing to make mid range power & run along time, On backpack blowers and chain saws. You have to time the ports & make them bigger & wider, 10% advance key, no sharp edges on the piston or cylinder. You can mod and polish the piston & rod ends and all moving parts, kick up the compression and you can double stock power, and more revvs, and more top speed. with more power your can get smaller front gear for more top speed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alright thanks for all the useful info guys, what i believe im going to do is use the same engine i have now and do a BBK on it, im still iffy on porting it because im not sure on how to go about that.....and possibly a new carb. and maybe a flywheel and new sprockets...but i dont want to unload my pocket on this little thing.....

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
There are very few hp cylinders for piston port engines. PBU stuff is exspensive. Most B/B kits are for reed port Cag engines. On my Red Head engine, it has a stock cut down cylinder, and modded Cag alloy head.
There are lots of photos and text from CAM2 Cags, Cags, and more Cag thread on the main forum page. It only takes alittle work and can be done with hand tools. You raise and football shape the top of the exhaust port and lower the intake port in the same shape, 1/8" total, and round the outside edges of the ports inside the cylinder. Leave the base gasket off and Yamabond the cylinder down for more compression.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Does PBU still sale the piston port head kits? Ive emailed a few times about it. No emails back about them.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.