Pocketbike Forum banner

X7 Front Forks for Cag 2 Engine Drag Bike

4K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  EPR 
#1 ·
Assembled most of it today, need some wheel axle spacers & 2 short bolts, to put the disc brake caliper on.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
EPR,

Loks very nice!, Love it!

Are those the forks, triple clamps, rim, etc You told me I could grab from the store in Florida?

Are those the same "height" of the stock C2 forks?

Thanks!

#3 · (Edited)
No, there taller, haven't measured yet. I set the triple clamps w/ 1/8" clearance between the neck, 4 1/8" space for 2, 1/16" SS Washers.
I am going to put it on the A1, but the engine in that Sam's, third stage billet kit runs so good now w/ the Jet Pro copy pipe. Using Boosted's Swirl bored carb on that and my A2 w/ my B/B engine.
I am going to run a 8 or 10" rim in the back, w/ a 145/50-10" racing slick. It won't look much like a Cag when its done. Have to add on 20 to 24" on the rear part off the frame, make my own solid swing arm for the rear. So, w/ the bigger wheels, it will sit higher than stock. May have to neck it alittle. When I put the front end on the frame, and block it up then I can see how the frame sits to the ground. Have my frame on paper, but plan to add a tube from the bottom of the neck to the braced eng mount below.
I just looked, the stock front is 10 1/4" from center axle to bottom triple clamp. The X7 is 14 1/4" to axle + 1" for the bigger radius tire. Five inches taller than a C1 or Cag. I can let the tubes slip thru the triple clamps to lower it also. PS yes I got the parts at PB Parts.

#5 ·
With my luck the front end will come up and the front wheel falls off and the forks dig into the ground and launch me like a Rag Doll,lol,lol.
Going to ride the A1 today, may be its last run as a one engine bike. Its my first gas PB, will be hard to cut it up.

#7 ·
That would be alot of work and would have to retap threads inside the tube for the top cap. There pretty stiff, think theres a spring and gas pressure inside. I want the bike alittle higher off the ground than it is now, when I add the 10" rear rim it will level the bike out and I am going in a straight line, so no corners to worry about, and no brakes till the run is over.

#8 ·
New photos of X7 forks w/ working brakes, which feel so smooth, no more death grips to stop. They look like they with fit on a Cag without alot of troble. The caliper bolted right up to the fork bracket, and $3 in 7/16 and 1/2" grade 8 washers for spacers.
Put it on the A1 bike so you can see the difference in size. That is the frame it is going on. Was looking at putting it on the Lucky 7, then I came to my senses,lol.

Attachments

#9 ·
EPR,

THanks for sharing...if those fors are the same kind of scooter forks, no problem...I can short them :D, no gas pressure inside, just springs, valves and oil.

#10 ·
These forks are made for the 110cc 4 stroke X7 bikes, much better than the standard X1, X2-X7. You can tell there is more than just a spring has some kind of oil shock inside.

#11 ·
Hi EPR
that front end looks good do you know what diameter the disc brake rotor is as i have been looking here for one in thailand but could never find one i need one that is about 200mm in diameter with a 5 hole bolt pattern just like that one in your pictures

#12 ·
Mine is a 6 bolt 140mm disc, and the rearwheel will have a 180mm disc, both will have the $25 and $30 Cag hydraulic conversion kit. The same kit will bolt up to any of my 3 Cags front forks and the run a 3 bolt 120mm disc with the same caliper and it will fit a 180mm also.
If you have 5 bolts, I don't Know. My 110cc dirt bike has a 220mm front 4 bolt disc.
I would call or look at PB Parts in Florida, they ship internationally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.