Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I could use some assistance on my bike. I bought it about 8 months ago for 200 bucks, is got a honda cr80 liquid cooled 6-speed engine, i bought it not running and needing coolant lines. So i put the lines on and saw they nearly touched the exhaust(which is why it needed them)so i swapped them out and it fired right up. I ran it around the block a few times to make sure the motor was sound which it was and this thing wanted to freaking scream but there was no foot pegs and i hadnt givin it a once over yet so i babied it, I want to start the complete overhaul but i got several mods to do first. I gotta slice the header in like 5 spots to get better clearance around everything, i got to fab footpegs(got pegs off an old kawi ninja to put on)i got all new plastics, bearings, rear axle, but my main concern is that the bike is clutched and this bike origionally came with a hand operated rear brake so i got to fab a foot hydrolic brake so i was ondering if anyone has done this. i can fab the pedal but does anyone know of a caliper setup maby off an x18 or something will work.......................also this thing is so powerfull i have to extend the rear swing arm just to be able to use 3/4 of the torque but that will be another project :eek:

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts