Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i bought this X7 off this guy on craigslist. it is a 49cc motor. the wiring was horrible, lights didnt work and he basically used silicon to have it become on ball of crap that he shoved in a cavity. i was ok with this because i only needed the motor because i put it on a bicycle. now my problem is that the bike used to start with the pullstart and there were no wires connected to it except the sparkpug wire. i dont need the electric starter because i dont like dealing with that :/(but if somebody could tell me how i could take that electric one off and just keep the pull start that'd be great!!:]) soooooo pretty much my question is why wont it start and what is the minimum id have to do to get it running. please, this has frustrated me for the last two days.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Heres a thread on how to remove the e-starter..................

http://www.pocketbikeplanet.com/f47/how-removing-zenoah-engine-electric-start-58861.html

To get it running make sure theres sufficient spark and the fuellines are on right............Feed line is black and goes on the larger nipple.............return line is the clear line and goes on the smaller smooth nipple port........

Make sure the carb is tight and on right plus make sure the headbase screws are tight aswell........

If you say theres no wire but the coil wire the killswitch wires run off the coil too and through the fan case......yours may of been ripped out and now the tabs are touching.................

While in there it would be good to remove the pickup coil,,,clean up any rust on both coil thongs plus magnet and regap to .020"

BTW: Welcome to the forum........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts