Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so after two weeks of having my x7,I decided to spruce her up a bit.First off all the body panels needed replacing but before I go off buying stuff I wanted to get the bike running perfect.So to cheat I just reused the old ones meanwhile I get the new ones later.A couple of pieces where cracked and to some delicate handling but for one full days work it doesnt look bad.

ok how she sat,I dont have any side shots but as you can see it had cracks and missing pieces.

started with the gas tank

primered

no close up pic of it finished but here it is mounted

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The nose piece was the worst,It had three cracks in the worst places.
First there was a piece missing that broke off.So i shortened it to make it look better.

after

sanded down and glued the broken pieces with epoxy and old credit card pieces.lol

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now the big body panels where in good condition but when anyone rides the bike the bottom part scrapes alot when going over uneven sidewalks or bumps so I trimmed it down.

then sanded them

and last was the tail piece,one side was broken and the piece was not given to me when I got it.So I trimmed it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The headlight assembly was the hardest to fix due to where the crack was.The big issue was that both pieces did have the same crack.Im guessing when it broke the the person dropped one piece and that cause tiny pieces of the crack to brake off.So with a good amount of epoxy and patience I was able to put it together.But after all that it still came out a even.

before gluing them together I buffed the lenses since I didnt want to buff after and risk breaking the whole assembly

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup.I took her out yesterday and had a blast.but now its giving me a different issue.when Im riding and I have throttle half way you know like for cruising it slightly bogs down.I givie it more throttle in order for it not to shut off.do have any idea of what is causing that?

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Yup.I took her out yesterday and had a blast.but now its giving me a different issue.when Im riding and I have throttle half way you know like for cruising it slightly bogs down.I givie it more throttle in order for it not to shut off.do have any idea of what is causing that?
try bumping the needle up 1 notch higher on the mainjet needle or try richening the a/f mix screw 1/4 turn richer[outward]

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok cam so let me get my facts straight first.I just took my carb and took it apart.Cleaned it and put it back together.You told me that the stock settings for the air/fuel screw was 1 1/4 turns out.So that means I close it all the way and then turn it out 1 1/4 to put it at stock setting?
Also to the right is rich and to the left is lean?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok so after all of that the bike wont start on its own.It will only start with starter fluid.new bm6a spark plug,the a/f screw is 1 1/4 turn out and nothing.Even when it cranks I have to throttle it if not it will die

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.