Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new here to PBP.com, I just finished my graphics for my bike and thought I would share some pics. I just got the bike alittle more than a week ago and I couldn't help but trick it out right away. I modeled it after my real bike, a 2002 R6. The graphics were custom designed, cut and applied by myself. The pics show the bike in different stages of the process. The pics of the bike in the park are the "finished" product, we all know a bike is never finished! As for engine mods, I have a Honda XR50 carb with a custom built intake and a ported/polished/matched head and gaskets (intake and exhaust) to make her breathe better. Top end rpm range increased a little, but more importantly it makes monster power! It's a freakin' wheelie machine, just what I wanted! If you're not leaning forward coming out of the corners, it's gonna pull the front wheel off the ground no joke. It's a beast! I'm also custom building Blue LED strobes that run off a 9volt to put under the fairings. I love this thing, if only it was as fast as my big one. I'll keep you guys posted on any new mods. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks -Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looks great!!! You should also take some pictures of the XR-50 carb and intake and make a "how-to" out of it...

·
Registered
83 Posts
That's awesome! I just bought the same bike. Where do you get all your mods and what about graphics? This is my second cag and i want to try something different than my previous one (ADA hp carb and hp pipe). I cant figure out which pipe to get and where a good place to get a different carb. How did you get your engine ported and polished? local shop? yourself?

Bike looks great!

- Dan (also) :)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's a thread somewhere on here where someone else did the XR50 Carb, try to search for that. Basically you just need to widen the screw holes to slots and cut off the nuts on the back. You'll see once you get ahold of one. You can pick up a used one at about any cycle repair shop. As for the porting polishing, I used my dremel. Be careful not to go to big, bigger isn't better. You just want to streamline the air moving in and out of the head. Don't open it up at all near the chamber or you'll lose all your power. So remember, stock opening at the chamber tapered out to the outside of the head so it looks like a funnel. As for a pipe, in my opinion the pipe on the bike is already a tuned pipe. Go over the pipe with the bike running and the fairings off and look for any air leaks in the Weld seams. Repair weld any leaks as need. A Good tuned pipe is going to cost you as much as the bike and you will need to modify the fairings to get it to fit b/c of the large expansion chamber. The bike may have a little more torque but nothing will change in the top end speed. I say take the money you were going to spend on that overpriced pipe and by a 2nd bike for your friends to ride with you, b/c seriously, how fast can you go arcoss a parking lot. Racing is where the fun is at.

·
Registered
42 Posts
what did you use to make the graphics? vinyl

i try to make a replica of my 04 r6 but i just can't copy those poser flames right

1 - 8 of 8 Posts