Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a Bi-Zeta clutch and went from a 7 tooth to a 6 tooth pinion and now my bike has no low-end power, it takes a while to get to the mid-range, then just takes off like a bat outta hell.. I've tried every adjustment on the carb (I think) from all the way in, to almost all the way out in 1/2 turn incraments and it still runs the same, plus it wont idle... The fuel Im running is 100 octane with a 50:1 mix of Redline 2 stroke oil..
BTW its a Polini 40cc

·
Banned
29 Posts
i don't understand that a 6 tooth sprocket has less low range than a 7 it should be the other way about. have you checked that the clutch is set correctly. it should be bitting at around 7800 rpm and it should work. works on my bike.
what weight of a bizeta clutch is it eg 60gr, 120gr, 200gr

·
Registered
302 Posts
It sounds like your clutch is engaging wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too early. If it is not even idleing because of the clutch then it is hitting at 2 or 3k. Get a rpm indicator that will tell you what rpm your clutch is engaging at. The inventor of the bizeta clutch suggests that you set the clutch to come in at 8200. That uses the greatest range of the motor. Set your carb back to to the settings when it was running good and set your clutch correctly. Dont be a cheap ***, buy a rev indicator. You wont be accurate by going by feel or noise. Just out of curiousity if your motor was running good b4 you put a clutch in it why would you dick around with the carb to make up for a new clutch? I hope what I have offered helps. frank

·
Registered
859 Posts
FatGuyOnALittleBike ...Are you a little bit fat....Or a whole lota fat...LMAO.......jk...Good Luck ....don't mess with the carb....It's probably your clutch not adjusted right. like Frank said.....lol...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im not sure what the weight of the clutch is, I asked the guy from Mid-South who I bought it from and he didnt know, Im guessing 120..
I never touched the clutch adjustement when i put the new one in, the old clutch went metal-to-metal, so i replaced the housing and clutch. I didnt know what was goin on with it, whether it was bad fuel or a fouled plug or what, which is why i screwed around with the settings.. I suppose I could use some help with that as well.. How many turns should the screw be out?
I know sound isnt a good indicator, but the clutch does feel like it is engaging at close to the same RPM as it did before. It doesnt engage right as you open the throttle..
BTW, does anyone make a digital tach with a temp or EGT readout also?

·
Registered
859 Posts
FatGuyOnALittleBike said:
PS, im not fat, just big boned.... :D
LOL...It's all good...I'm not exactly a toothpick myself...LOL...try looking at the gpt tachs....you may find one that has all the options you want....good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts