Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 80.0%
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
Razor mx500 (mildly modded)
108 Posts
I had good performance and reliability from the NT speed carb once I got the needle height dialed in and the float forks tweaked upwards slightly. They're like 30 bucks on amazon.

·
Registered
572 Posts
And that's your problem.
But it would also be helpful when you get a rubber intake manifolder instead the aluminum one.
Otherwise it is always problematic, especially in the offroad area

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's just what came with the engine mate, my brother bought the complete thing off ebay. It actually is quite fast when the lad is on it... Obviously he wants more power, he obsessed the 2 strokes 🤣🤣🤣

·
Super Moderator
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
The best carby for these engines
$_1 (1).jpeg

The only bad thing about this carburetor is that you can't run ethanol fuel because it dries out the pump diaphragm.

But if you're pressed to maximize every single last droplet of horsepower out of these engines this would be the carburetor that you would run.

There is actually one carburetor that is better than this one that is a chainsaw carburetor but unfortunately the aftermarket company that was making the manifold to fit it has discontinued the manifold so they are not available anymore hence I cannot recommend that carburetor. ( It's only better because the low speed needle adjustment is in a easier place to get to but horsepower wise there is no difference )

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
742 Posts
Putting that dirt bike through the ringer!
I am pretty sure the bigger goped engine still has the manifolds that on our engines.

·
Super Moderator
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Like always I would recommend buying a genuine 15mm Walbro then you can rebuild it but the knock offs do work.
Screenshot_20210713-142714_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20210713-215832_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20210713-215849_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Screenshot_20210713-215857_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20210713-215905_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20210713-215909_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Unfortunately I can no longer give links due to the high amount of scalping that has been going on here but your looking for a kit like this that gives you the special intake manifold with the vacuum port to run the pump and the choke parts.
$_1 (2).jpeg

This is the second best carb for these engines unfortunately the best carburetor for these engines the chainsaw pumper carburetor ADA has discontinued the manifold for it...

·
Super Moderator
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
Man, I literally just took that kit off my watchlist. I thought it was for the other style 2 stroke
Make sure to read the old school threads that's where you're going to get the real power producing information you need all you can get when you're building for the mini quads...
20210714_052903.jpg

There is even a mod where you drill through the intake manifold and the reed block to pull vacuum from inside the crank case to get yes even more power out of this carburetor!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well now you've sparked my curiosities... I'd love to see the thread about this mod you speak of!

·
Super Moderator
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
It's going to take some time but digging through some old threads it's pretty obvious we were building for a lot and I mean a lot more power than what people are building for now!!!

A substantially lot more power!!!!
76442-a520dfb8c9530529477388d43bce9ded.jpg

Picture of a real ADA racing head Vs China knock off check out the squish band and the actual coloring of the anodization is a real red tone!!! ( It's too bad we can't get these anymore )

IMG_20150327_192035.jpg

I made shims to shim the wrist pin bearing on my dad's lath to keep the bearing from grenading!!!

spark.png

Working through running ceramic bearings this was long before the cry baby budget building we were spending hundreds of dollars building $60 engines 😂...

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Jesus Christ that's pretty remarkable! What do you figure you were capable of making power wise? Closer to double digits? In the teens? Have those things pulling wheelies? I love the cag motors, they're potent right out of the box, are rev happy and respond well to upgrades so I can only imagine what a fully customized cag could do...

·
Super Moderator
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Jesus Christ that's pretty remarkable! What do you figure you were capable of making power wise? Closer to double digits? In the teens? Have those things pulling wheelies? I love the cag motors, they're potent right out of the box, are rev happy and respond well to upgrades so I can only imagine what a fully customized cag could do...
About 7.5hp anything more and you won't be able to keep a clutch in it running them off of RC fuel is not cheap either.

The 44mm has 2.5 HP stock

The Euro engines do about 6.5 to 12 HP without wanting to blow up.

·
Registered
108 Posts
That's crazy for such a small engine, I can't imagine what that must be like to ride! Especially a little crotch rocket pocket bike, jesus... but that would be dope for a mini dirt bike or quad!

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
742 Posts
Sure would. 16hp is as much as I have seen on a w/c euro. Low as 4.2hp.
2.5hp out of a 44mm stock would be luck. About 2 is more accurate. 1.6-1.8hp out of the 40mm. But nonetheless a few tasteful mods double is easy on the cag engines.
If you are a guru, and can heavily modify these engines you can be up there again. But 4-4.5hp you will be very happy. At least for a while. 😁

·
Super Moderator
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
During the peak of popularity it was fine you could build a few engines for maximum power and get enough guys/gals together to cone off a parking lot and have a stock, modified, and unlimited class and spend a day racing sometimes even Seattle PD would come around and enjoy the show...

Nowadays you can't even fire one up in your own yard without some Karen standing at the fence holding a phone with 911 on the line...

21 - 40 of 59 Posts